Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 year old's second trip + pics

cexshun Guest

Default 3 year old's second trip + pics

Well, our first trip was too cold and not even a nibble. So, I take my son out on Saturday because he was begging me to go fishing. We get to a new spot I haven't tried before. I bait his hook, twist on a float and cast it out for him. I explain to him that he needs to tell me when his yellow (what he called his bobber) started dancing.

I turn around to tie a lure onto my line, and he yells "Daddy, it's dancing!".

I turn back around ready to explain it to him a little better when I notice his bobber really IS gone. "You have a fish! Reel it in!"

Boy was he excited. I spent most of the day helping him out, so I couldn't do more then 1 or 2 casts before I had to sit my pole down. But it was fun anyway, even if my 3yo son out fished me.

His first fish ever, boy is he proud!

His second fish. He's a little more tired at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking ahhhhh!!!

Brings back memories for me !!! Still have pics of sons catching their first fish!!! You'll cherish those for a lifetime!! Congrats!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brings back memories for me too. Who cares about not getting your line wet - that's small potatoes compared to an ear-to-ear grin on your child's face when they catch that first fish.

I'm glad his "yellow" got to dancing for him right away. You can't beat that for getting a kid hooked on fishing for life.

Right now, I love to take my youngest, Brad (10), who's a bit of an "old-hat" at this fishing thing, out fishing every chance we get. This month I taught him to fillet his catch. He's getting pretty good at it already.

I've got a new grandson (my first grandchild), and can't wait to take him fishing to have that experience all over again. Brad (Uncle "B") can't wait to teach his little nephew to fish either. He's only 2 months old, so we're both going to need patience, because it'll be a while before we can get a fishing pole in his hand.

It's a great feeling - I wish you thousands more fishing trips with your little one - even after he gets to be not-so-little!

cexshun Guest

Thanks guys. We did have a blast. He got a little bored after an hour or so, which is to be expected from a 3 yo. We were fishing Lake George with beemoths. Weather was beautiful!

I was a tad worried at first. He has a very kind heart and I thought he'd get attached to the beemoths. Sure enough, I let him carry the cup so he could "help me", and he starts talking to them:
    "Hey worms. Silly little worms. Daddy, they're moving!"

Figured I needed to nip this one in the bud right away. Explained that the fish like to eat the worms and we were going to use them to catch fish by putting them on hooks. He was OK with that answer. He even encouraged the beemoths:
    "Hey little worms. Ready to catch fish?"

He's definitely a future angler. He had to call grandpa when we got home to tell him about the fish he caught. He only remembers that the fish were named a color, and he remembered what they looked like. So instead of "blue-gill", he told grandpa he caught "green-fish".

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

That is great, nothing beats a smilin kid on or near the water!! I spent the weekend fishing with my brothwer and his son Matt and he was stuck to me like glue, we pounded the crappie and gills and when the weekend was over he didnt want to make the trip back to CT, he wanted to stay with uncle Jimmy and fish forever. Made me smile bigger than I ever have!! Keep up the fun and before long you will be having a nice fish mounted for him.LOL Fish on all
    I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Post Thanks / Like

great picture, love ths sponge bob pole, my grandson caught about a 4 pound channel on his Spongebobsquarepants pole and he loved it :D

Post Thanks / Like

Great pic. I can't wait till my little girl gets old enough. She will be 2 in november. Reckon she will be ready by next summer??
    Brian

Will fish for food!

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks just like my son's first fish! Good lookin lad you got there.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go! That's about the size of my son's first fish. It's a lot of fun watching them catch fish.

cexshun Guest

The first fish was respectable, but that second fish he got could be used as bait. But at his age, and I suspect for a few years to come, those little ones keep his interest.

Only problem is that when I actually want to do some fishing myself, I have to try to sneak out. He sees me grab my tackle box and he has his Spongebob pole and is standing right behind me within seconds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast