Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saturday Crappie frenzy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Crappie frenzy

Went to a place up here in Brookfield ,MA called Quaboug Pond.It Basically know for big Pike ,but,I have caught some nice Crappie and Panfish in general over the years.We hit the water at 7 am in my freind Erics "new" old boat.We launched and something snapped in the streeing.Our freinds were in another boat and took off across the lake.The day before he dropped his cell phone in the river so we couldn't call him to tell him.What do we do? Drop the trolling motor in and fish till they come back to find us. We did.We moved to the cove not far from the ramp and Eric started trowing big bait for Pike.I set up my 7' Crappie rod and right off the bat I get a decent one.He got his and we start catching Crappie,Yellow perch and a few Punkers.After an hour and about 20 fish,those guys come back and we tell them what happened. They see we are catching fish so they switch up rigs.We move over by the bridge were the water comes from the river.Well from 9 am till 12:30 pm we caught well over 200 Crappie! Here's a few pics. My friend Eric. Not bad for a broken boat.They did tow us in !

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics! 200 will make for a nice fish fry!

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

Post Thanks / Like

Good pics, sound like ya had a good time and that is what counts. Congrats...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Well, sounds like I need to break my boat to catch some fish. At this point, I am willing to try anything. Nice fish...