Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been there done that and yes i got the tshirt too .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default been there done that and yes i got the tshirt too .....

one has to do it you know , and to be sure it was fun . we went to and fro and here and there and eventually found our way home .
    loaded up ice chests and the back of the pickup as full as it could get it and drove and drove . Florida was nice to be sure but in the end I missed something back home . I missed ripping lips and to be sure I cant go for long without it .
    so I hit my favorite bank spot yesterday and put it on some . I almost lost my touch , said almost ,and to be sure the fish were there and willing .
    the bite was dicey at times and a few rapped it pretty good but lots just laid the line up and or were there when I moved my jig, about 8 foot down in 14 fow seemed to the best and a few fish made it onto some ladies stringer at my second stop . I didn't manage quite as many as I would have liked to ,but at 63 I felt way better than before I hit the lake .
    one thing for certain I did miss ketchn crappie in a big way and to watch a big herd of coppernose in florida swarm on crumbled crackers at my feet in a NO fishing area made me almost crazy …..er .
    the good news is I survived the episode and got a tshirt and even missed the monster hammerhead a few feet from where we were swimming 2 days earlier as well .
    only dolphins were on the beach the days we went to the beach thank goodness .
    sure was fun but am glad to be back in the saddle again .
    hope you enjoy the photos and have a great day
    p.s. I met a chatty lil 7 year old boy who REALLY wanted to ketch fish and I fixed him up with a lil hook and a float and helped him ketch a bunch of bluegill and gave instructions to grandma who took him to the lake on how to continue to do so after I hit the trail a short while later and that to be sure that made my day complete
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent post, as usual.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, glad you got back home and felt the thump!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

There ya go!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you all had a safe time there, and made it back to feel the thump, and help that youngin' out.. KAAABOOOM!!!!!
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report on what sounds like a wonderful vacation. You may have changed that youngsters life for the better !

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like fun.....

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn’t go to Florida, you went to L.A. , lower Alabama. Glad you came to visit us anyway. Awesome post of you being the Ambassador that we all know you to be. Sharing, at our age, is what it’s all about. What good is knowledge like we have if we don’t share it? Sounds like a very good vacation, sounds like you liked it too. Even if it wasn’t to a big time crappie lake.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

well skeetbum lets just say all over florida they took my money to drive down all them different pay roads , and to be sure them coppernose bluegills in that lake I cant pronounce the name of was most certainly pretty down in the swampy part of the state well past the panhandle ,so in the end I think I was a right good ways from Alabama during parts of my stay by about 6 or 7 hours at 75 mph if you get my drift ….
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just came back from week in high desert north of LA and 101 everyday and no fishing around there. going to get after it tomorrow and two of my home lakes! gotta feel that thump!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast