Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's your "big fish" method?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's your "big fish" method?

First off, thanks for the site! I have been crappie fishing all my life, but only recently found the forum.

So, what is your "big fish" method? I have been trolling for the last couple of weeks, and have been catching a good number of fish. However, most have been of the smaller variety and I would like to pull in a few larger fish. I usually troll with around 6-8 rods, and would like to set up one or two specifically catching larger crappie. I normally only troll with Hal-Fly's or tube jigs, so any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

My "Big Fish" method is the same as my "Little Fish" method. Hope this helps.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I used to troll Hal-Flys years ago and caught a 17" white crappie. What you are doing is definately not limited to catching small fish. Where you troll has more to do with the size fish you catch than how you fish. I have certain underwater ledges that consistantly produce good fish in the 2 lb. range. And then there are other places that a pound crappie is the norm for a big fish.
    I'ts possible to catch a big crappie anywhere but you really increase your odds by trolling breaklines where there is a rapid depth change. Also it even increases you chances more if this breakline has brush or stumps located along it.
    CATCH A BIG-UN