Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappie fishing in tulsa oklahoma

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie fishing in tulsa oklahoma

Going to Tulsa Oklahaoma at the end of this month anyone know how the crappie bite is around there... Or what there biting on anything would help never been there before... Thanks and tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Oologah is about 50 miles to the North East. The Crappie should be in Pre- Spawn mode at that time. Check around resting stops along the typical Spawn migration routes. I would start towards the lower half of the lake at this time of year.

Oologah Map #1

Lake Map #2

Hope you catch a bunch!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 02-04-2005 at 10:35 AM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

hey Tim do they have a horsepower limit????????? Taking my boat down and i have a 90 horse... Thanks again will check it out and let ya know... This will be two now i owe you for.... Will see each other out this spring in the quad cities so ill get ya back........... Thanks again and tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Hey King Crappie,

No HP limit on Oologah.

Mike
    I may have a "Crappie" job, but you should see my office!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike...

Post Thanks / Like

Tim the way you have added notes is interesting. I grew up about 20 miles from where Oologah lake is now located.

Mind revealing how you put those notes on the #1 map you posted for King Crappie.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Tulsa Crappie

I live just east in Broken Arrow The fish should be biting a little south of here on Eufalala about that time. If ya cant bring boat give me dates so I can be free and we will give em a whirl Big George

Post Thanks / Like

Default Digital Picture Manipulation.

Hey Barry:

Tim will jump in here and tell you exactly what he used to put the notes on that map image but I suspect that he is using any number of the graphics programs out there. With Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop CS or Elements you can easily add text to any graph imagae. The map was saved as a jpg image.

It's interesting what you can do with these programs

You can pick up Paint Shop Pro 9.0 for about 130 bucks at the retail outlet. If you have Paint Shop Pro 8 you can update to version 9 for about 45 bucks. Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 cost about 100 bucks and the full version of Adobe Photoshop CS cost approx 600 bucks give or take 100 bucks. Suffice it to say that unless you need to do digital imaging on a professional basis the form two programs will work ok.

You may even be able to use MS Paint that comes with Windows to add text to the images. Not sure but it may work with bmp images.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    Tim the way you have added notes is interesting. I grew up about 20 miles from where Oologah lake is now located.

Mind revealing how you put those notes on the #1 map you posted for King Crappie.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'm going to have to learn how to use my Adobe photoshop 6.0. Now I have something to do beside computer solitare when can't chase the crappie...LOL.

That was sort of what I suspected but was not sure. I need to learn more about Photoshop.

Thanks
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

That is what I am trying to do now. Been a few days since I picked up the manual though. I find it hard to learn the complex parts of this program.
    You may be able to get the Adobe Photo Shop CS big version at a reduced prices since you already own the Ver 6.0. I read that you can update from Elements to CS also but I bet that costs a lot more. If you have version 6.0 then you should be all set.

I found lots of little bugs and memory leaks in the Paint Shop Pro 8 version especially when working with big files.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    Guess I'm going to have to learn how to use my Adobe photoshop 6.0. Now I have something to do beside computer solitare when can't chase the crappie...LOL.

That was sort of what I suspected but was not sure. I need to learn more about Photoshop.

Thanks
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast