Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: electric fillet knife question

Post Thanks / Like

Default electric fillet knife question

Do the blades on an electric fillet knife ever have to be sharpend or replaced? I recently pulled out an old AC knife and while it saves a good bit of time and energy, it doesn't cut as good as it used to. Anybody have any suggestions about sharpening?

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy replacement blades for a fillet knife pretty easy and cheap at Walmart...

Post Thanks / Like

Have use an elegtic fillet knife for years, would not give it up. Yea the best thing to do is replace old dull blades with new, and fillet away. If you can not find a replacemment set of blades i suggest investing in a new electric fillet knife, you want be sorry if you have alot of fish to fillet.
    Difference between day and night: Day= one rod, one jig/Night= Many rods & a bucket full of minners

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blades

A friend and I have cleaned a lot of fish in the last 1 1/2 years. We are on our 4th knife now after about 3-400 fish its time for a new knife. I have had 2 I got from Wal Mart and the blade keep falling out will never get another one from there.
    Let's go fishing.