Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lew's Wally Marshall signature series reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lew's Wally Marshall signature series reel

Anybody have any experience good or bad with these reels? Dont seem to be to pricey. How do they compare against reels like the Shimano sienna or pfleuger trion?

Post Thanks / Like

I like mine pretty good. Don’t have any knowledge on the other reels you mentioned. I do like the Pfleuger President better though.

Post Thanks / Like

have not tried one myself so I have not a clue on how it performs .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of them. I had them loaded with 4lb Nanofil. When the line would spool off, it would sometimes wrap around the drag knob. Have not had that problem with a Shimano Sienna to this point. Other than that, they are a decent reel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I had 2. I say had because one kept falling apart. The other had a lot of chrome parts and screws rusting. So I swapped out the rusted parts from the one that kept falling apart and threw it away. Now I have 1 good one. I prefer the pfeugers . I have 1 trion model, 2 presidents and 1 supreme. Much better in my opinion. That being said, I am a Wally fan and have 5 different rods. with his name on them. All good except one of the ceramic rings came out of one of the eyes. I would have super glued it back, but I lost it. And I forgot, I won a speed shooter combo at an event. Just haven't tried it yet, but love the bright blue/green colors.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both