Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Line counter reels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Line counter reels.

Guys I’m in Ohio and would like to start trolling with line counter reels.what reels and size do you guys like best. Thank you for your input and time.god bless

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have two I've never used. Got them at a going out of business sale for next to nothing. Both seem to be very well made! One is a Daiwa 17LV, really nice. The other is an okuma Convector CV20D. I like the Daiwa better but the have never tried either. okuma does seem to be a nice reel. Both set up for cats in case I ever decide to try drifting for then. Think I got them with kokanee in mind but haven't fished for koke's in years. Don't know what either would go for today but if I was serious thinking I needed a line counter reel, I'd still consider either. Probably would get the Daiwa just because I like the way it looks better. I also have a couple okuma rods and another okuma spinning reel, like them very much!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

These are what a lot of us use now. SHAKESPEARE ATS TROLLING REEL - Northwoods Wholesale Outlet We use size 15
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Thanks IL_Goosehunter4 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

What "G" said. They are ok! Under $30.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G";3868435]These are what a lot of us use now. [URL="https://northwoodsoutlet.com/product/shakespeare-ats-trolling-reel/
    SHAKESPEARE ATS TROLLING REEL - Northwoods Wholesale Outlet[/URL] We use size 15
    I have these and a few Okuma Magda 15's .... haven't used them all that much, but so far I haven't seen a whole lot of difference in the functioning between them.

I do prefer either brand with the double handle, over the single handle style, probably because I prefer the flat grip handles on spinning or baitcast style reels because they're more comfortable (to me) than the single oval/barrel shaped handle.