Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: war eagle / E-Tec?

Originally Lake Charles, currently Alexandria
    Post Thanks / Like

Default war eagle / E-Tec?

I'm in the market for a new crappie rig & really like the War Eagle Predator. Looks like it has everything one could need & a 23 degree performance hull to boot! I wonder if they would camo that boat & put a spray liner throughout. Also, the Evinrude E-Tec sounds like THE motor to have. Anyone have any experiences with either? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Post Thanks / Like

E-tec...minor advancements in the Ficht platform.

7 year warranty...2 by Bombardier...the other 5 by an outside warranty company.

Have to give away free TV's and have other gimicks to sell them.

Out performs all 4 strokes on the market....so do all the other Direct injected engines.

The only + I know of for an E-tec...its a lighter engine.

Btw...no scheduled maintenance for 3 years...or whatever they claim.....wait for something to happen to the engine....in that period...what will you do when they ask for your service records and you do not have them? <---oops

If they would have spent as much time on the E-tec rather than on the advertising and marketing it would have been a great product.

Btw, the company that brought Harley's back to the realm of the bike to have...promoted the E-tec

Opti all the way

TMD
    Last edited by The Marine Doctor; 04-21-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sac, I don't know what size War Eagle you are wanting, but I know a guy that has a 2006 1648 Eagle with the console, decked to the max for crappie fishin. It has been used about three times I think. It has a 2006 50 horse 2 stroke with a stainless prop. He is asking $10,000 even for the entire rig. I stopped by his house the other day just to take a peek. Let me tell ya, if I didn't have my big boat I would buy this one. It is in fantastic shape. He keeps it out of the weather and took really good care of this boat. He just decided to sell it cause he wants a Harley now and says he can fish with friends that have boats.
    If you are in the market for something like that let me know and I will see if he has sold it yet or what he has done.

Crappie X.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Marine Doctor

Out performs all 4 strokes on the market....so do all the other Direct injected engines.

Btw...no scheduled maintenance for 3 years...or whatever they claim.....wait for something to happen to the engine....in that period...what will you do when they ask for your service records and you do not have them? <---oops

If they would have spent as much time on the E-tec rather than on the advertising and marketing it would have been a great product.

Btw, the company that brought Harley's back to the realm of the bike to have...promoted the E-tec

Opti all the way

TMD
    Bwahahahahahahaha

Funny guy promoting a welfare motor. Minor improvements over a Ficht?...if only Merc could catch up with Ficht. If something does happen to an E-TEC, all service records are on file with BRP, just takes hooking it up to a computer. The warranty was a 7 year...3 by BRP and 4 by Protective FPC Premium Marine Protection a company that has been in business for over 100 years. By your ignorance in this post I see you've never operated an E-TEC, too bad, it must really suck to be in others wakes.

Excellent combo sacalurch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Marine Doctor

Opti all the way

TMD
    You are a Mercury marine mechanic. Is Mercury paying for ETEC training now, or do you still have enough Merc's to work on?

I could search Google and find everything you said along with other lies about ETEC's. If you want to promote your product, don't bash the competition.

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think sacalurch started this thread to read a bunch of arguing about motors. They both are good products. But if I had it to do over again I would probably buy an E-Tec. But I didn't, so I have my 2003 Merc 60 4 stroke and it works fine.
    Hey sacalurch I think the boat you are wanting would be a good combo. I know several people that have war Eagles and they love them.
    Good luck on your hunt.

Crappie X.
    IL board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

If you like the war eagles - take a look at Legend craft. I think I'd choose the legend myself. www.legendcraft.com

Gotta love the address - 2844 Cow Patty Trail ~ Alexander, AR 72002
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalurch
    Anyone have any experiences with either? Thanks in advance for your comments.
    I would think that after working on them....BOTH and actually being a Service tech...I might have a valid opinion. <----Heck...how would I know I work on all brands.

anyhow....

Sacalurch...speak to dealers and techs...HONEST ones and get their opinions...Then if you feel the need to continue your venture with the E-tec by all means do it. Just be sure its the engine for you...not what marketing and hype tells you.

TMD

Originally Lake Charles, currently Alexandria
    Post Thanks / Like

Those legends look nice! I'll contact them & see what they can do. It's hard to find a "package" that works for me. Most of them are underpowered & have features I don't want/need. I would really like an all aluminum (PERFORMANCE hull) with camo & spray-in liner & build it like I want. That's hard to find nowadays- patience..............
    As far as the E-Tec goes, I've undoubtedly bought the "hype". However, I've heard nothing bad about them. The fact that there are so many Merc's & Yamaha's out there makes them more subject to bad press.
    Last edited by sacalurch; 04-22-2007 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Having worked for the Wards when they were Dura Craft I know they would line and camo your boat for ya, I took my uncle to the factory back then and we bent over backwards to customize his boat to him...They are good people at War Eagle and I'm sure their level of care has not dropped..

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast