Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bait tank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bait tank

I completed most of my boat bait tank project yesterday. I put a 750gph submersible pump with one main line divided at the top with a T, one going to the filter and the other to the aerator/spray, each line with a ball valve to control pressure independently. when i put water in and hooked up the power, everything worked great. Now all i gotta do is put a drain plug in it, add an oxygen infuser of some kind, add filter material, replace the tank door and im ready to hold minnows, big and small.. this tank holds about 25 gallon of water, considerably more than the ten gallon cooler i converted into a portable bait tank. In this tank i have a rule submersible with a air line attached for the oxygen intake. Only trouble is im having a difficult time gettin the ratio of water to air adjusted to where it will run smooth and not make all them strange sounds its making now. the big tank i inherited from a friend that used it years ago to hold shad but had no provisions for aerating or adding oxygen. It was a insulated tank tho, and once i had a chance i added the stuff i needed to add to make it work.
    I have an even bigger tank i acquired from cspen last year im gonna make into a large holding tank here at home to hold minnows but havent tackled that project yet.
    Last edited by rango; 02-04-2005 at 06:29 AM.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of those tanks from cspen too , but I haven't figured out how I want to rig it yet.I like the way ncnat did his.He cut it off about 3/4 high and made it to where you can reach the bottom.Soon as I have the new pole barn built in the back yard I plan to make this thing happen.I just want a place to store it where the coons and cats dont get init and drown.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.