Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my buddies

Post Thanks / Like

Talking my buddies

Friend of mine buys a new boat last year.For the maiden voyage we take it to the state park ,about 25 miles from home.we get the boat ready,I go over all the essentials with him,plug,pfd,whistle.etc,well,he is ready to go.I back him down the ramp,trailer gets into the water,I stop.Wait a minute,nothing is happening,when he motions to pull the boat back out.WTH??Up on top he gets out of the boat,we fasten everything,ask him what the problem was`.he says the keys are on the kitchen table,I asked him why?His reply"did not want anybody to drive my boat out of the yard!!I guess since I put my in the garage it really makes no sense to me.50 mile roundtrip.

Post Thanks / Like

#2Youall know the little 2 man bass buggies,right?A few years back the lake bite was tough,Bass fishing.We get the brite idea to load up the little boat next weekend and fish strip pits.We havent used that boat for probably close to 10 years for fishing.We head to the pit,get our gear ready and take off.Kinda unstable,but it takes getting used to again.We actually starting to get in the fishing ,my friend is up front on the TM,I just wanted to fish for a change,without worrying about boat control, positioning,etc.Fishing a texas rigged worm.I feel he familiar tap,crank down on it,set the hook,and realize at that instant moment that the seat just fit in a rail on the sides of the boat.Oh yeah,fell in the drink,terrified of snakes,my feet touch that creepy stuff under water,came up screaming and trying to get back in the boat.The same afternoon i put a for sale sign on it,and the next day sold it to a guy that thought it was the best deal ever.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Don't like snakes huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Thare all right
    REDNECK FISHIRM

Post Thanks / Like

lol justme the same thing happened to me and my boy. We drove 30 miles to baylor lake in Childress. Got everything ready and sure enough left my keys at the house. Thank goodness for a good Brother-in-law. He met me halfway.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I would have had that boat hotwired in two shakes of a lambs tail! Fix it back home later.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    #2Youall know the little 2 man bass buggies,right?A few years back the lake bite was tough,Bass fishing.We get the brite idea to load up the little boat next weekend and fish strip pits.We havent used that boat for probably close to 10 years for fishing.We head to the pit,get our gear ready and take off.Kinda unstable,but it takes getting used to again.We actually starting to get in the fishing ,my friend is up front on the TM,I just wanted to fish for a change,without worrying about boat control, positioning,etc.Fishing a texas rigged worm.I feel he familiar tap,crank down on it,set the hook,and realize at that instant moment that the seat just fit in a rail on the sides of the boat.Oh yeah,fell in the drink,terrified of snakes,my feet touch that creepy stuff under water,came up screaming and trying to get back in the boat.The same afternoon i put a for sale sign on it,and the next day sold it to a guy that thought it was the best deal ever.
    Its probably been 6-8 years ago now when me and a buddy went down to a place in south GA. Cant remember the name, but it was a mill pond somewhere around Nashville. Horrible day! 30-40 mph winds. Temp was probably around 50, but that wind was COLD. So, dedicated (stupid) as we were, we kept chunking for those bass. Didnt catch squat. It was probably close to lunch when I had to stand up and fish for a while to stretch my legs. The wind was pushing us along pretty good. No need for a trolling motor. Just sailed through the trees with the wind, when, boom, trolling motor caught a stump. Well the boat stopped. I didnt. Head first into the drink. I came out of the water so fast, when I pulled my hat off, my head was still dry. Talk about cold. We were probably 'bout hour and half from ramp, so all I could do was strip down to my boxers and keep fishing 'til my clothes dried. Still no fish. Never been back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buddy

A buddy of mine and I were on a cut off oxbow lake and had pulled up on one bank, when a catfish tripped a yo-you on the other. Well, with two of us and only one boat seat, I had put a milk crate in the back to set on. Back then I wasn't thinking about center of gravity. We shoved off the bank with the paddles and all of a sudden it was like slow motion.....I could just feel my butt slipping off the crate. The whole boat flipped on edge and he and I hit the water. He took off swimming the 10 feet to the bank and I stood up to catch the boat/poles/tackle box. Water was only about 3 ft deep, but he was sure making some good headway swimming! Only thing I lost was the box of worms. It floated off. Good times!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another buddy story

I'm not one for sharing too many stories but here goes. I grew up in a small community down in central ms. One beautiful spring afternoon me and three buddies decided that it was a waste of time to be sitting in school while the fish were biting. So 1 by 1 we snuck out of class and out to the parking lot and away we went. We get to our local fishing hole, which by the way is privately owned, and there are usually several boats pulled up on the bank to choose from. Not on this day. There were 4 of us and only 1 boat and there was no way anyone was going to be left up on the bank. The one boat was a little 12 ft. jon boat in pretty good shape. We loaded up and off we went. Now we weren't as stupid as some folks would think. We had some very strategic rules about conduct in this boat. There would be no horseplaying going on. This was serious fishing time and if you wanted to play then stay on the bank. Another rule was that out of the 4 of us, only 2 could take their tackle boxes. The other 2 would leave their's behind as to make room for the beer cooler. This was the most important rule. Everything was going well until I make a cast towards 1 particular brush top. Wham! Big ole bream. It was the first fish of the afternoon and we had all gotten a little antsy. Got that fish in and threw it in the basket and had another cast sailing towards that top again before you could blink an eye. Wham!! Another one. Well, good friends being what they are, are not going to let you do all of the work of catching fish by yourself. So they pretty well insisted that I turn the boat so they could all have a line of site to this brush top. I complied without hesitation, considering they suggested that there was soon to be one less person in the boat if I didn't. Well, we get it positioned and get ready for some serious fish catching. All of a sudden, without warning and without anyone speaking a word, we all 4 stand up simultaneously in order to get in a good cast. At this moment we all had that deer in the headlight look when we realized what we were doing. We all held our breath for a moment and then thought whew, it's ok. So we turned to retrieve our casts. One by one we hooked up with a fish on the retrieve. A quadruple. Boy we were having fun now. Apparently the center of you weight changes somewhat when you are fighting a fish. With all four of us reeling in fish, the little jon boat did not like it. It didn't turn over. No, it just went straight down right under our feet. We were only about waist deep so this wasn't a huge deal. We again looked at each other and decided to keep catching fish. So, there we were standing in our 12 ft. boat. The boat just happened to be sitting on the bottom of the lake but we didn't care. It was kinda funny. The beer cooler was just floating around between us and we'd just grab one out as it came by. This was one of those coolers that had the four cup holders in the lid so we had it made. I was able to round up most of my tackle box contents as they floated up when the tackle box went under. The things that didn't float, I was able to reach down and grab. Stuffed all I could in my pockets and so did the other guys. We had it made, drinking beer, catching monster bream one right after another. It was awesome. After about 2 hours of standing in this boat, the bite came to a hault. We probably had 100 fish or more by this time. The fish basket, which was tied around a buddies waist, was slap full. We headed towards the bank and got our stuff out and went back in and retrieved the boat and anything else we could find. We loaded up and headed to one of the guys house to clean these fish and drink some more beer. Keep in mind that we were only 15 years old, so we really had no business drinking but what else were country boys supposed to do but drink and fish and hunt. Anyway, while we were cleaning these fish, one of the guys piped up and said he believed he got bit by something on the back of his leg. He then proceeded to rub it and let out a yell. We all looked and saw that there was a 4 inch leech attached to him. Now we didn't know too much about these things other than they will suck out ALL of your blood in a matter of a few hours if you let them. At least at 15 that's what we thought. He then pulled off his shirt and there were several more attached to his back and side. We all then began stripping off and found that we were all hosts to these hideous creatures. I'm not sure why we didn't detect these things earlier. Maybe it was the beer or the slightly cold water we were standing in, who knows. Well we were edumacated boys and we knew how to handle this. We had seen Rambo and knew the only way to get rid of these is with a red hot blade of a great big ole knife. So this is what we did. We took turns heating the knife and scraping these things off of one another. One would scrape while the other two would hold the poor sap down. It was the worst torture I have ever been through. The end result was having to go home and ask our parents for medicine to put on our burns. Needless to say we all had to come clean about sneaking out of school. Plus we all reaked of beer and had major burns all over our backs and legs and some other places these things managed to get. Here it is now 20 years later and two of those friends have gone on and two of us remain. He and I will get together from time to time and talk and laugh about those times we had growing up and fishing. Truth be known if given the choice we'd endure all of this again just to be able to relive the memories of these great friends plus, oh the fish that we caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Default JustLoveToFish

OMG! For someone who doesn't like to share stories, you had a good one! I was laughing out loud and trying to read it to my wife at the same time. Thanks for the great post! :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast