Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Changing is good

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing is good

We have been posting the difficulty in catching during this time of the year. SK and others have encouraged us to change up our routine. We have done so with some success. Went to a different lake and fished shallow with jigs over weeds, changed jig colors often and, more recently, caught some good fish on our brushpiles with smaller jigs capped with a crappie nibble. These are the fish that used to require a minnow on a bare hook. Thanks all for good advice!

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I'm constantly changing up during the day. Even when the bite is good. You just never know when that one minor change will really "set 'em off". I change from straight tails to curly or paddle tails and then to hair and sometimes cranks. And I go through color variations as well. The variety of what we have available to us is like nothing our Dad's could have ever envisioned. We've got it pretty good these days!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

jig weight matters , colors matter , even jig head color matters , contrast and or lack of matters , hook size matters ,scents matter , movement of the bait and or lack of matters and the list goes on and on . many a time I have been not ketchn fish and adjusted something here and or there and turned into a fish slinging monster just like that
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes SuperDave336 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing to remember is the bite really picks up when they are hungry, till then it can be Sloooo
    No matter what you do.
    When I was a kid we fished a flood control lake in Louisiana that would go from 20 ft deep to about 4 feet in August. You could fish all day and swear it didn’t have a fish left. But about an hour before dark the swamp came alive.
    A fish every cast , crappie, bass, bluegill.
    Good size too.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good post and returns!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the THANKS brother.....

It all boils down to never give up.....

And know if it ain't workn change.....

I've got a vid coming soon that will show just how critical some things are to make these fish bite.....

I'm glad to hear you didn't give up, you dumped the minnas since they're not needed and are having great success..... Congrats.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    jig weight matters , colors matter , even jig head color matters , contrast and or lack of matters , hook size matters ,scents matter , movement of the bait and or lack of matters and the list goes on and on . many a time I have been not ketchn fish and adjusted something here and or there and turned into a fish slinging monster just like that
    Yeap.....

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Our farm pond (about 6 acres ) is zero daily till sun gets off the water but the 1 st. hour of day light is by far the best during the summer .