HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider rigging at night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging at night

Thinking about doing some night time riggin. Would like some guys who do this to kinda give me some pointers, like mainly if it’s best to have a light hooked to your boat, or one that hangs in the water? Id like to be able to have enough light to be able to see my rod tips, but not so much as to light up the whole lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact Seekbigger over on the KY Forum. He spidey rigs at night, and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to give you some pointers & tell you how he sets up his boat. In fact, he just recently posted about nighttime spider rigging at Cave Run Lake in Eastern KY.
    Likes Nutbush, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen those strip lights and also the small led lights that you mount. Has anyone used the strip lights on the outside of their boat for lighting, and if so do you think they would put out enough light to see pole tips? As to the other type of lights that you mount and can turn when needed, do they pull enough current to drain a battery in 2-4 hours?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbush View Post
    Thinking about doing some night time riggin. Would like some guys who do this to kinda give me some pointers, like mainly if it’s best to have a light hooked to your boat, or one that hangs in the water? Id like to be able to have enough light to be able to see my rod tips, but not so much as to light up the whole lake.

I would like to know also,been thinking about trying it

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This should be a good post!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trypman1 View Post
    This should be a good post!
    I believe this post may show how effective night fishing is! Kinda like asking someone about Butla!! I made a post over on the Kentucky board about night fishing, on a night fishing post, and you would had thunk I just asked a guy for his waypoints. Crickets!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I spider rig all the time, day and night, it's the only way I fish. I have led light bars mounted under my rod holders and use two green submersible lights in the water, one on each side of the boat. I continue to use my daytime long Jenkos rods at night as well. The lights I use are very bright and I can run 4 of them all night on one good battery. They also only run less than 40 bucks for 4 of them. This works for me but might not for others. Let me know if I can be of further assistance, God BlessName:  Capture%2B_2019-06-16-22-26-15.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  41.0 KB

Sent from my VS988 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks Nutbush thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So the green lights are right beside the boat, not out in front? Have you ever experimented fishing without the green lights? I like the smaller lights mounted directly to your trolling rig. Do they not draw a lot of bugs?

Post Thanks / Like

I loved night fishing, years ago. Go for it.