Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sun nite on Wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun nite on Wylie

Accepted an invite to fish along side the beast last nite. By the time I got to the spot the beast was all anchored up. On board were Donny, Marty, Rango and 2 young fellas, Brian and Russ. Without those 2 last guys there it would've looked like a AARP chapter meeting. As I approached I was directed by Rango to tie up to what was, Marty confided to me later, known as the wrong side of the boat. Apparently Marty had been directed to that side of the boat a few times himself. It had already become apparent to me that I was in a less than desirable position since after an hour I was the only one without any fish in the cooler. Donny appeared to be in the hot seat (which is located on the "right" side of the boat). He just kept reelin in fish. His joy was somewhat dampened when he lost a real slab by not accepting Marty's advice to use the net. A lengthy discussion of the terms "lifter" and "netter" ensued. I finally started catching fish and landed a big bass. Those guys on the "right" side of the boat commented on what a shame it was that, just before I got there it seems, they decided not to have a "big fish pool" last nite. Boy, ain't that just my luck. Young Russ was the catfish king last nite and finished up with a crappie just to show he could do it. Brian endured some pickin on by Marty for his lack of performance but finally started catching fish and got a nice slab. I'll have to let Rango fill in the rest of the crews stats, but I ended up with 3 nice slabs and 7 other keepers. It was a great nite with a great bunch of guys. We ate smokies and drank sodas and made sure everybody took their fair share of abuse.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

well said gary. we all enjoyed the hookup for sure. Danny hadnt been with me since last feb and got caught up in the excitement of the moment and tried to lift a netter and unfortuantly lost it. Im thinking he wished he hadnt done that, as he kept talking about the wall hanger that swam back to the deep and he did get subjected to a lot of abuse on the subject of knowing the difference tween a lifter and a netter. and he was the only one who dint get his photo taken with a slab. thats why i keep two nets in the boat, one at my spot and the other, well wherever the crew wants to stow it as old rango is gonna have a net handy as i learned the difference tween a netter and lifter a long time ago. we wound up with 44 total, four of which was slabs and the rest the average run of the mill summer night catch. the bite was off a great deal from saturday nights bite, but danny still carried a nice mess of fish home for his fathers day fish fry. wendy told me to hug your neck for the smokies i brought home. im gonna pass on hugging your neck and just say she said thanks. thats the only thing bad about rafting up. you gotta fish the offside of the boat, cause when i anchor, im gonna put the captains seat right over the hotspot. last night i was off a bit and the hot seat was under dannys position. unfortuantly for me, when i suggested we shift the boat a bit so the hot spot would move under the captains seat i got no volunteers from the crew to help so i give up and watched the show. and even tho the bite was slooooow, it was still a fun night, even with my sore throat and dannys sinus problem. something about crappie fishing makes you forget all that and just enjoy the night. we all enjoyed it, and look foward to the next hook up.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Robert, you made the right call on that neck hug thing. We already got one guy on this board fantasizing about 2 men dancing...(sorry Slab Seeker...just had to fire one across your bow.... Had a sudden change of plans and may go out tonite.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

slab_seeker Guest

I'm wasn't fantasizing, I was just trying to get my post up so I could be a Big Time Poster like Rango. Now if I could just catch fish like him.

Post Thanks / Like

only reason i have a lot to say is cause i go a lot. looks like you're classed as a big time poster now slab seeker. congratulations. tight lines

slab_seeker Guest

I'd go more if work didn't keep getting in the way.

p.s, the fish I've been catching lately won't hardly keep the line the tight.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, work limits a lot of folks fishing opportunities. fortuantly i dont have that problem anymore. this time of year seems like most of the ones we catch are average to small, but occasionally we do catch enough slabs to take to show and tell..