Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Tomorrow

My son and his family are down from northern Illinois this weekend. We will give Truman a try tomorrow (Sat). Any good places we should try out of Bucksaw? Are they shallow yet?

Thanks,

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I went out Wednesday and Thursday afternoon for about 4 hours each day. Absolutely beautiful weather. On Wednesday fish up the Quarry west of Windsor Crossing boat ramp and caught about 3 crappie. Thursday went east of the ramp down to the cove where the cave is and zilch. Others weren't doing much good either. Its got to get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my report. We got on the lake around 1 PM. Fished till 8 PM. We caught close to 40 or so. Only had 17 keepers, 10 to 13 inchers. Found some water that was 63 degrees. Most was 56 to 58 degrees. A lot of small fish up close to a couple of banks. Most of the "keepers" were in 20 - 25 feet of water and around 6 feet down around the largest cedars on channels. The favored color was blk/char and red/char.

Another warm weeka nd the banks should be full of fish! JMHO

Good luck and good fishing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like I might have a good time fishing next week when I get home! Where bouts were ya fishing? I need some details!Congrats on the catch bwillaub!
    Last edited by crappiencali; 04-23-2007 at 06:20 AM.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent your way, cali.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you all had some fun- good job! Sent you a PM. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

I was at truman last Tuesday and Wed. The fish were pretty much off for me. I figured as much when I pulled into Bucksaw and saw about 5 boats. Went to Longshoal wed. with similar results. The guy at bucksaw marina said anytime which should mean the best is yet to come... Dave They were catching several below the dam, saw one 7lb walleye caught.

Post Thanks / Like

fished out of bucksaw monday went down creek found 58 to 60 degree water not as stained caught a few went up creek past power lines dirty water but caught a few were nice fish 11 to 12 in found 65 degree water in 1 spot should be gettin ready within a week
    GRAND KIDS 4 IS ALL YOU NEED