HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am sorry!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am sorry!!!

I got ASKED a few time not just here but elsewhere too about using baitcaster for crappies fishing, why? I don’t know. To me I’ll use whatever that will get the job done and feel comfortable to me. I hope, I’m still welcome here since there are a lot i want to learn from you guys here.
    This new clip, I use both baitcaster and spinning gear, and I admit that on some situations spinning is far better than baitcaster but to me I enjoy baitcaster more. After all fishing is all about fun and enjoyable, correct?
    Btw for the last month I had to fix line twisted and wind knot or spinning about 3-4 times.
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

whatever ketches the fish best for you is the best way for you to ketch the fish ….
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No shortage of fish in the fishing hole. Thanks for the video. You have mastered that bait caster to cast those light baits to a tee.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Zman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t see what kind of lure you was using?

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, if you can catch fish with a b/c, why not? I alternate between a spincast and spinning equally. Both are able to cast light lures a good distance using braid and a light action rod without problems. What more can I ask for? I still have doubts that a b/c is able to cast lures as light as 1/64 or 1/32 oz + lure weight.
    Likes hdhntr, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used thumb bar bait casters from the get go. really handy when i fish by myself to handle the net and line control via the thumb bar... .
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windstone View Post
    I have used thumb bar bait casters from the get go. really handy when i fish by myself to handle the net and line control via the thumb bar... .
    Yep....thats what I use too on my spider rig poles
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No apology needed !! You are most welcome here, brother !!

I think most are just astonished that a baitcast reel can cast light lures that well, but maybe they are comparing them to lower end products with standard spools that they've used.

And yes, by its nature & functional design, spinning reels do create line twist more readily than baitcast reels .... many times simply because the spinning reel lets line come off the spool freely, creating little to no tension, which allows the bait to spin in the air. The spin is normally created by a "fast" casting motion. That same motion (snapping the rod back then forwards in one quick motion) also creates wind knots, and can even cause the lure to go between the line and rod between the last guide & rod tip guide (a feat I've managed to perform on numerous occasions)
    A smoother, more controlled casting motion will cut down on lure spin/line twist.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    can even cause the lure to go between the line and rod between the last guide & rod tip guide
    Is that how that happens, I could never figure that out..wow,thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Just_Bass;3852049]I got ASKED a few time not just here but elsewhere too about using baitcaster for crappies fishing, why? I don’t know. To me I’ll use whatever that will get the job done and feel comfortable to me. I hope, I’m still welcome here since there are a lot i want to learn from you guys here.
    This new clip, I use both baitcaster and spinning gear, and I admit that on some situations spinning is far better than baitcaster but to me I enjoy baitcaster more. After all fishing is all about fun and enjoyable, correct?
    Btw for the last month I had to fix line twisted and wind knot or spinning about 3-4 times.

i don't see nothing there to be sorry for. looks like you wacked em pretty good. i would like to know what rod that is your using when the video first starts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast