Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat/Trailer Guides

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat/Trailer Guides

Are any of you familiar with these? I have a 15ft aluminum Fisher and I'm wanting something like this. I want it to fit against the boat, so that it has no choice but to go on the trailer right when loading. Any feedback or suggestions?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...004000_200-4-6

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing I have on my trailer. I had to add another center roller half way back, still hard to line up if it's windy.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Sir.

I wouldn't be without mine.

You can though, buy the steel and have them bent if you don't have a torch.
    Drill the holes the depth of your trailer frame. 4 U-nolts, 2 three foot 2x4's covered in old carpet for less then half the cost.
    I wish you were my neighbor. I'd make them for you in about an hour.
    Mike

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on what you currently have and the bottom shape of your boat, you can either replace the rubber rollers on your trailer with 12" long rollers or either just carpet a couple of 2 X 4's and mount 'em length ways on your trailer for the bottom of your boat to rest on. Then get some fairly heavy duty steel and bend to the proper angles and weld (or bolt) them to your trailer. Then carpet a couple more 2 X 4's and bolt them to the top of the metal you just placed on your trailer. Shouldnt cost more than $50 if you do it yourself. Oh yea, be sure to leave a few inches space on each side of your boat when the job is completed. It doesnt need to be such a tight fit that you rub the paint off the sides of your boat loading and unloading it.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

i found a used pair of guide ons. i think i paid about $40 for them. i got the bunk boards and brackets. i had to replace the bolts cuz a few were bent. but still a great investment. my 14' jon is a pain to load in the wind sometimes, and these helped alot.

Cody.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got doing my boat myself, and it was around $50. My old trailor only had rollers, and it was hard to line that puppy up on a perfectly calm day with two people. Came off the trailor easy, but always had to be readjusted when we got out of the water. I replaced the rollers with carpetted 2x4's, and built bunkers on both sides with 3 inches of clearance on both sides. I put it out on the windiest day I have been out on, went by myself, and boated it perfectly the first try. BUNKERS ARE THE WAY TO GO!

Post Thanks / Like

Id never be without them. I load and unload alone most of the time and they are a real help. Especially in a cross wind........

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply's. I have 2x4 runners and don't have a lot of trouble loading/unloading by myself, but I was sure it would be much easier with the guides. I think I will give them a try. It surely can't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know anyone that can make them for you?

That's alot of money for your size boat.

MrWills is right about leaving about 3 inches on each side. Believe it or not. It will make it easier and won't where the paint off or a hole in the boat.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FisherMike
    Do you know anyone that can make them for you?

That's alot of money for your size boat.

MrWills is right about leaving about 3 inches on each side. Believe it or not. It will make it easier and won't where the paint off or a hole in the boat.
    I may know someone who can. I actually got a couple of people I can ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast