Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gaters in n. alabama

Post Thanks / Like

Default gators in n. alabama

allways heard the rumors of them but never seen one. didnt catch any crappie today but still had some excitement, this baby had to be 10ft plus.
    this is north alabama for cryin out loud. i was ok with it until i got about 20ft in front of it and it came in the water in my direction.went back a litttle while later and it was right back in the same spot, wonder if it was on a nest.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bama647; 04-19-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice size one bama. I grew up close to Lake Eufaula and saw them on a regular basis in the lake and the river below. I've had them pretty close while fishing. I hate to hear the fishing wasn't too great, but you did get to see something different.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good gator. Reminds me of South La. Good looking water, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure glad they don't have them monsters at the lakes in my area. I can't imagine relaxing with one of them lurking around.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

good reason why i dont wade up here anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Was it in a private lake or a public area?
    John 3:3 ... Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Moly! Keep 'em down there, that sucker looks hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Great picture! They're some of the most beautiful animals in my book.

Me and my buddy used to fish this small slew for bass. EVERY time we went there was the same gator. We had this ongoing joke that one day one of us was gonna jump on top and wrestle it.... ahh, I miss those days.
    I've was never even slightly scared of 'em til my pirogue got bumped by a 13 footer.....3 times. Now I have a respect/fear relationship with them, but I don't tell 'em that.

Post Thanks / Like

that looked like flint creek bama... im originally from florida , gators for the most part will not mess with you.. you here of a few more attacks in florida, but thats cause they are building so many houses etc. taking away their habitats so you have the same amount og gators in smaller areas competing for food,,, i wouldnt sweat these few gators up here in north bama, its actually a rarity to see em, but if you pay close attention on flint creek youll see em sunnin

Post Thanks / Like

that looked like flint creek bama... im originally from florida , gators for the most part will not mess with you.. you here of a few more attacks in florida, but thats cause they are building so many houses etc. taking away their habitats so you have the same amount og gators in smaller areas competing for food,,, i wouldnt sweat these few gators up here in north bama, its actually a rarity to see em, but if you pay close attention on flint creek youll see em sunnin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast