Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish finder question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish finder question

I am planning to buy a fish finder (Eagle 320, 320C or 480) mainly because of the price. I was told that these give back a delayed signal in comparison to the flasher type. If so how long of a delay would it possibly be and are these choices good?

Thanks for any help that can be given...........

rzh
    rzh

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like me and RZH were thinking the same thing and typing at the same time....LOL!
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless you are fishing in 1000ft or more of water I wouldn't think you need to worry about delay. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Milliseconds make a difference

Delays are measured in 1/1000 of a second these days. Can't really tell you which one is the better one. Flashers show more information but they don't graph the information to make it easier to comprehend. Flashers have some benefits if you know exactly how to read them. LCR displays help show you the history of the bottom but they have some inherent faults and don't show you everything.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

rzh:Noticed BPS has the 480's on sale.Very nice Depth finder.>>>>Bentpole

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagles

Ain't nothin wrong with the Eagles buddy. I got a 128 Ultra Classic. Picture is worth a thousand words. FISHIN is right on. Gonna get me a Garmin 250 though. Cause I want one is the only reason. Garmin good stuff. So is Humminbird. I got them all. No complaints about any of them. Got Lorance too (X22). Still working. Like it too. Just to confuse you....lol Buy what you want, u the one gonna be using it..Put it on AUTO and go get em.......
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have an eagle 320 and i am not impressed it shows structure when you know none is there i have tried auto as well every manual setting that i can think of none seems to help i also have a humminbird 3000 legend which i like but the one i can count on every time is my garmin 160 from now on when i buy fishfinders its definatly gonna be a garmin.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bugman:

Is it possible there is something wrong with your particular Eagle 320 or it's transducer or interferance of some kind? I've not used that unit but have had other Eagles including a Strata 128 that works very well - shows about the same structure and fish as my Humminbird 300TX (one is on front and one is on back).

I'm going to be looking into graphs for my next boat and will definitely be checking out the Garmins.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzh
    I am planning to buy a fish finder (Eagle 320, 320C or 480) mainly because of the price. I was told that these give back a delayed signal in comparison to the flasher type. If so how long of a delay would it possibly be and are these choices good?
    rzh
    I personally have the 320 portable. The 480 wasn't out when I got it. Great finder, but I would like to see a faster scrolling speed on it. It has a Flasher mode line on it to the far right of the screen. It will tell you what is under it in a split instant from real time. But as Moose correctly stated, you will need to know how to read what it reveals to benefit from that feature. All in all, I'd buy another one in a minute. An excellent value for the money IMO. The 480 is now selling for what I paid for the 320, that is what I'd get if I were staying with Eagle.

I want GPS capability in my next unit, but I don't want to give up RMS power to do so. I have been kickin the tires of Lowrance, and of the top model Matrix too. Still waiting on Florida to elect the president!LOL

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone,
    This a great web site. You folks are great. So as far as I can tell, I should be okay with either Eagle. Thanks again, it looks like the 480 may be it. I don't know much about any of them, but I like what I see in them and what I am reading here on this page.

Keep it up & rip some lips!!!
    rzh
    rzh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast