Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PowerDrive vs Terrova

Post Thanks / Like

Default PowerDrive vs Terrova

What is the real difference here? Both have iPilot which is my main concern. What are the other differences? Trying to decide if the Terrova is worth the extra money

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ease of launching of the Terrova versus the PD was the deciding factor for me. Pretty sure the shaft is stronger also.

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

1. Terrova retains the foot pedal with Ipilot.
    2. Terrova has a simpler deploy mechanism, one lever versus 2 on the PD.
    3. Terrova automatically cuts power when stowed. PD has to be disconnected manually.
    4. Some Terrova's have lift assist.
    5. My Terrova is much quieter than my old PD. Not sure if the PD V2 is quieter than the V1.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catchNgrease View Post
    Ease of launching of the Terrova versus the PD was the deciding factor for me. Pretty sure the shaft is stronger also.

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Does the Terrova have the auto deploy or just assisted? Meaning, is this one of the TMs you can launch your boat solo and deploy by remote and spot lok until you get done parking. Like the commercials lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabSeeker0485 View Post
    Does the Terrova have the auto deploy or just assisted? Meaning, is this one of the TMs you can launch your boat solo and deploy by remote and spot lok until you get done parking. Like the commercials lol.
    Ulterra is auto deploy. Terrova has optional (I think) spring assisted deploy. You still have to deploy it manually, just makes it easier to lift.
    Likes SlabSeeker0485 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atimm693 View Post
    Ulterra is auto deploy. Terrova has optional (I think) spring assisted deploy. You still have to deploy it manually, just makes it easier to lift.
    The Terrova that came on my boat does not have any assist. You have to lift straight up until you can fold it over. The Terrova also has a slot running along the outside of the shaft. You can run a transducer cable in the slot. I just did this for my Garmin unit. The built in us2 transducer is not chirp compatible... Just 2D sonar.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    jbird68
    Morrison, IL
    NAFC Life Member

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Among the other pluses of the terrors the motor is a good bit larger than the pdV2. Which to me says it will last longer

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbird68 View Post
    The Terrova that came on my boat does not have any assist. You have to lift straight up until you can fold it over. The Terrova also has a slot running along the outside of the shaft. You can run a transducer cable in the slot. I just did this for my Garmin unit. The built in us2 transducer is not chirp compatible... Just 2D sonar.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Mine doesn't either. Not sure if its standard on newer motors or just an option, but you can get it.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the pdv2 now for at least 8 years and while it does very well, I have long wished that I had spent the extra and gotten a terrova. The deploy system is one, mine is 70lb compared to 80lb, just no down side to the upgrade for me. I also don’t know if the pdv2 is link compatible which is just plain super. I say go big, you’re already home.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

The new Terrova comes with lift assist. Basically a spring loaded type of design that cuts the weight of the unit when stowing.

I assume the newer PD's with I pilot come with the heading sensor.

You can get the Terrova in more configurations. I didn't want a sonar in my new one so why pay the money for it?

Powerdrive 24v is 70lbs whereas the Terrova is 80.

Powerdrive has shorter shaft configurations. I have both and prefer the Terrova with lift assist.

Buy from bbgmarine.com. Brian was one of the only ones that list the sonar deleted options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast