Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going To Try Again Tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going To Try Again Tomorrow

I may be frustrated, but I’m also determined! The forecast for tomorrow is a high of 85. That’s 10 - 12 cooler than what it has been for the last 10 - 15 days. Chance of rain showers Thursday - Sunday and I have something else to do Wednesday morning. So tomorrow, hopefully, is my chance to go.

I have have learned how to turn on fish symbols on my Garmin in Traditional View and it also indicates the depth of that target. I have buoy markers and an anchor so I can sit on a brush pile for a while. I have also thought of several strategies for how I can try different methods with the equipment I have, and I’m going to keep trying different stuff in hopes that I discover something that works.

Let me ask you guys this. If I buy minnows in the evening and put the minnow bucket with an aerator under the carport, would the minnows live until morning?

I have posted a picture of the section of a Lake Map that I will be fishing under my “Frustrated” post. If anyone wants to look at it an offer a suggestion or tip, I surely would appreciate it.

I will post again tomorrow if I do get to fish in the morning.

Thanks for for listening to the ramblings of a newby who would love to have some fried fish.

GF

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gill Fisher,
    As far as your question about the minnows, I would say it depends on how large the bucket is and how many minnows you have in it.
    Good luck Going To Try Again Tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Fisher View Post
    I may be frustrated, but I’m also determined! The forecast for tomorrow is a high of 85. That’s 10 - 12 cooler than what it has been for the last 10 - 15 days. Chance of rain showers Thursday - Sunday and I have something else to do Wednesday morning. So tomorrow, hopefully, is my chance to go.

I have have learned how to turn on fish symbols on my Garmin in Traditional View and it also indicates the depth of that target. I have buoy markers and an anchor so I can sit on a brush pile for a while. I have also thought of several strategies for how I can try different methods with the equipment I have, and I’m going to keep trying different stuff in hopes that I discover something that works.

Let me ask you guys this. If I buy minnows in the evening and put the minnow bucket with an aerator under the carport, would the minnows live until morning?

I have posted a picture of the section of a Lake Map that I will be fishing under my “Frustrated” post. If anyone wants to look at it an offer a suggestion or tip, I surely would appreciate it.

I will post again tomorrow if I do get to fish in the morning.

Thanks for for listening to the ramblings of a newby who would love to have some fried fish.

GF
    The key to keeping minnows is to keep them cool, I have the luxury of having a refrigerator in my barn just for minnows and can keep them for 3 or more weeks. Before that I just put a frozen water bottle in about twice a day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes DRFISHDUCK LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobAnderson View Post
    The key to keeping minnows is to keep them cool, I have the luxury of having a refrigerator in my barn just for minnows and can keep them for 3 or more weeks. Before that I just put a frozen water bottle in about twice a day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I keep mine in a garage that is shaded most of the day and keep aerator going. I keep 6 to 9 dozen in an Engel 13qt bait keeper and can keep them alive for a couple weeks. I change the water every two days with regular well water. I may lose 1/2 dozen during that time but I can live with that.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!

Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the frozen water bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app