HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much info do you share ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How much info do you share ?

I was cleaning a mess of big Crappie yesterday on my tailgate and had several people come over to admire them.
    Then the questions started.
    Did you catch them under the bridge?
    Did you catch them on brush piles?
    Where are the brush piles?
    Minnows or jigs?
    What color jigs?
    How deep were they?
    Can I just tie up to a tree, I don’t have an anchor.

I was obviously a guide as I was wearing a logo shirt and standing in the heat cleaning fish for folks.
    If I am out on the lake I will often give up a pile if someone is close but not catching fish.
    I don’t mind sharing tidbits of info to help other folks have a fun day on the lake but WOW .

How much do y’all share before you suggest they just hire a guide for a trip?
    I book more trips with folks learning where and how to catch fish on their lake of choice than just a casual day on the lake and do my best to set them up to catch fish all year.

My last trip to Sandlin I let them take picture of my GPS so they could find my brush piles BUT they paid to learn.

It is hard to know where to draw the line as I don’t want to be rude to folks

Post Thanks / Like

I don't give spots unless it's a community hole already but will give conditions at which I am catchn.....
    The info I give will help the ones that don't mind putting some work into putting fish in their boat....
    I enjoy making and finding different structure productive structure but that cost me weather it's time or money.....
    There will always be some folks that will appreciate any info on the how to's and the will always be those folks that feel you should catch, filet and cook the fish for them.....I know the latter is extreme but you get the point.....
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

As you are a guide who makes his living Ketchn I would simply smile and say when you go to school you have to pay the tuition and this mess could be yours.

I don't mind sharing information to help those that are genuinely interested in learning and am one to ask a lot of questions to those who are good at this but there is a line. I give very general information like they were on brush or off bank but not where those are as both have said, YOU have invested time and money in finding them so wouldn't share that unless it is a paying customer and then no I wouldn't let anyone take a screenshot, that's a bit much. Most will have a boat and FF have seen general area and can find it for themselves with a little time and effort. That's what I have done when I have used a guide and it's money very well spent and you guys are just so awesome to getrdone in often bad conditions.
    Thanks Fish on Line thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would not share anything but general info if I were a full time guide. It's sad to say but most people are out for themselves and will use you if you allow it. I fish fresh and salt water. I have a group of friends in North Alabama that I will share anything with and they do the same for me. I have the same deal in south Louisiana with some very good friends I have met over the years. I will gladly share techniques and tips on things such as long line trolling, but I am through giving out locations.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I share specific information with the people that share specific information with me. Anyone else gets general information with very little detail. If you share
    specific information with the public after limiting out one day, there will not be room for you to get your hook in the water the next day. When that happens,
    I don't get mad at them, I get mad at me for causing the problem. The maddest I ever got was when a guy I knew was coming up the lake, saw me and idled
    over to me and asked if I was doing any good. I told him we had 18. He said he was going to try up the lake. Told me to catch them all. As he was leaving
    I saw him reach up and hit Mark on his GPS.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have too much of a problem sharing information or trying to help anyone catch more fish... in fact I rather enjoy it. Generally, rather than give deceptive information or smart responses... I usually try to size up the person whose asking... based mostly upon the amount of humility they come across with in their approach and their questioning. If they are reasonable and cordial in their approach and their questioning... I will (usually) offer them something useful to try to help them out... but by the same token... also remain perfectly comfortable with my rights to protect my own spots, efforts and work product.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Fishn buddy, Paris, 8fishermen LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I share a lot of information...................now whether all that information is factual is a different story!

ClearCreek
    Likes Redge, Erin Brewer, Chance, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't ever do well enough for anybody to ask me any questions. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

If I have all the fish I want I will tell or show someone exactly where, and how to catch fish. I just want everyone to experience a good time. If I just started fishing and not many in the boat I won’t tell much if anything. If they can wait till I’m done for the day they can have at it. I just like to see people enjoy fishing as much as I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I avoid people! I understand your situation as a guide however.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast