Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new pond...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking new pond...

I have a two-year old daughter that loves to "fish" in the fishtank in my house. She is a little small to take on the boat that I have...I just wouldn't feel comfortable with it. So, what I did, considering the goldfish are getting tired of her in the house, is that I have altered a goldfish pond that was in the backyard when we bought the house last summer, into a fishing pond for her. I caught 15 bluegill yesterday strictly to put in her pond. She sat there last night and fished for about 45 minutes. She sat there in her little lawn chair, didn't move, and loved every minute of it, reminding me every couple of seconds..."Daddy, I fishing". People, when I moved, I moved from a 53-acre farm and did a lot of neat things with my daughter. We moved to town to a LOT that I can push mow in less than 45 minutes. But, fishing with my daughter last night is so much cooler than anything I ever did with her out there, and we did a ton. I think I may have "hooked" her for life. She went to the backdoor this morning after getting out of bed and asked if she could go fishing. So I told her we would after preschool if she is good.

Just thought I would share that with you all...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Very, Very cool Mr.Willis.

You really need that on video.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea!!!! You need to take some pictures of her...I would love to see her fishing....You are a wonderful Dad...Enjoy these times my friend...They grow up way too fast....

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool! She will want to go fishing every day. Just don't let us find out you were out there catching her fish! :D

Post Thanks / Like

We need pictures of that!!!
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

My son is two now so I'll have to try that. I took him fishing the other day and boy did he get mad at daddy when I only caught one fish for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet .Good job Dad.That is a good thing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awesome. That's my plan when I finally buy a house is to put a small little bluegill pond in so my little one can fish.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a blast...she loves it! She is 2, and very intelligent, with a very extensive vocabulary. But, she has mis-pronounced it a couple times...she called it her pissing fond (supposed to be "fishing pond), with a fartin' (supposed to be "fountain") She is the coolest 2-year old on the block!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast