PDA

View Full Version : Clearly an Interference penalty

Ketchn
05-18-2019, 07:14 AM
I threw the flag ! It was an interference penalty without any doubt ! A flagrant one that repeated itself thru out the game . I visited a spot that holds a lot of bluegill with the intention of getting a dozen nice ones for my boss as he likes whole bluegill . A box of wigglers and a 1/64 number 8 jighead in white with a small float and the adventure began .
Got there at 7 pm and stayed until 8 45 and struggled to ketch bluegill ? :yikes
I have always done pretty well on them at that spot but last night they just were not all that large or cooperative . So I tried different presentations and found them close to the bank instead of further out like I suspected . The problem was other fish kept getting in the way . Longear sunfish and yellow bass and darn crappie as well . The crappie interfered to the point I threw the FLAG !
It became just one of those outings really quickly as the sun faded into the western sky .So when in Rome one should act like a Roman I guess ? I put on a tiny orange plastic and just proceeded tp penalize the fire out of the crappie :Rofl
I left with a half dozen bluegill on the small side and half dozen crappie just legal up to 12 inches .
About 18 inches under a float and slowly dragging with a few twitches got the fish to bite well .
Was busy for sure and even had a boat ZOOM from across the lake to me as I guess he had binos and saw me flinging fish .
I was all alone until he rolled in on plane and started fan casting a bait that was WAY to big for this situation and then he got frustrated watching me sling fish and Zoomed his you know who back across the lake :Rofl
Sometimes it just is what it is :cheers2

t00lmanii
05-18-2019, 08:06 AM
Seems there's one in every crowd, even if the crowd is only two.

BarryG
05-18-2019, 08:14 AM
Good job!

StantheMan2567
05-18-2019, 08:58 AM
Wow, a spot to catch all those fishes, must be a dandy. Gills are the best eating, at least of the freshwater fish I have tried. Keep hearing about them perches, just do not have them in my waters. Keep up the catching!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

Zman
05-18-2019, 04:00 PM
Nice fish

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

ezgoing
05-18-2019, 07:55 PM
It seems as if it always turns out that way. When I promise someone some crappie all I can catch is bluegills. So then I promise another person some bluegills and all I can catch are crappie and catfish. So I then promised to catch some catfish for another friend and all I could catch was bluegill.

But you had fun catching. :)

captdave
05-18-2019, 08:52 PM
What kind of fish is that with the stripes?

SKs Crappie Catching Adventures
05-18-2019, 09:59 PM
L....O.....L

Now that's funny right there.....

SKs Crappie Catching Adventures
05-18-2019, 09:59 PM
Nice catches by the way....

Ketchn
05-19-2019, 06:49 AM
What kind of fish is that with the stripes?

broken stripes above the anal fin indicate its likely a pure strain yellow bass , there are loads of them in that lake and they rarely get larger than that in this part of the world and are real pesky fish to deal with . they pumped them in from another lake that got them from them pumping them in from yet another lake . the originated in east texas and they send water to us via pipe line from over there to various lakes and distribution points over here .
we don't like them very much in these parts as a general rule