Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Spinning Reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Favorite Spinning Reel

Time to make a decision on a purchase of a decent spinning reel. Wanting to know what is a favorite amongst you crappie anglers...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ksdog
    Time to make a decision on a purchase of a decent spinning reel. Wanting to know what is a favorite amongst you crappie anglers...
    I have Shimano, Quantum and Shakespeare reels on the rods I use for tightlining. The quantums have a bit smaller spool diameter that results in more coiling and are the only reels that have caused problems with the linedoubling over itself. The Shakespeares have a trigger release that catches the line sometimes as I'm lettin out line. The Shimano 500 is my favorite and at $20 or less a good buy. Also like the Shimano 1000 for a casting application.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation for me ....

Shimano Spirex 2000 for my 6ft MH Browning "dock shooting/Roadrunner casting/Vertical Casting" rod ....

Mitchell Spidercast SM200 for my 7ft IM6 Sam Heaton jig casting rod .....

If I were looking for a "replacement" reel, for either of these two - I'd consider Shimano (Spirex 1000), Okuma, or Mitchell (300X). But, since I've had no problems with the ones I have, I'd probably just get them cleaned & repaired - if they should develop any problems. It ain't because I couldn't buy a Shimano Stella, tomorrow .... I just have a "if it ain't broke ..." type of mentality :D ............ cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My choice of reels is the Pflueger Presidents 6730s. Ten ball bearings, smooth as a baby's bottom. My only complanit is if you stop the handle on the top, it will do a 1/2 turn to the bottom. They are a little pricey from BPS at 59.99, but there is a place in KC, MO that has them for 49.99. I bought one about 4 months ago, I am now up to 4 reels now. Also they have a deal for a tackle bag if you send them 6.95. Not a bad bag will hold 4 of the big divided tackle boxes.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Went to cable's last weekend in K.C.Kan. picked a sphimano spirex 1000 on sale $39.95 front drag.

Post Thanks / Like

The best small reel for the money for crappie that I have found is a Tica Cetus 500SB. Very smooth 6BB with a good drag. Excellent reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano Spirex 2000RD (rear drag)
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I use mostly Shimano Sidestab Reels (Rear-drag) and they are FANTASTIC in my opinion....they cost about $ 29 each....but, well worth the money in my opinion....I have all Shimano reels, and I am in the process of changing all out to Sidestabs....right now I have half Sidestabs and half Shimano 2000??? I believe that is what they are.....I just know I want the Sidestabs for all my rods....(Rear-drags).
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with GAboy on this one, problem is the rear drag 1000 and 2000 series are starting to disappear. This happens everytime I settle in to having all my rods outfitted the same (I like a familiar feel when I shift between rod weights) - they stop making the "old" rods/reels.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast