PDA

View Full Version : Crappie jigs.....the dual threath !!!

USMA65
05-16-2019, 04:05 PM
Go to YouTube and search for Cole and Jay and:

FISHING For BIG BULLFROGS?!?!?! INSANE CATCH, CLEAN, & COOK BBQ FROGLEGS!!! DELICIOUS!!!

SuperDave336
05-16-2019, 07:12 PM
https://youtu.be/XZOVDuu6dP8

ET Fish
05-16-2019, 07:42 PM
That is just cool! I would have never thought about jigging frogs! Challenge accepted!

FurFlyin
05-16-2019, 08:27 PM
I've been to 2 worlds fairs and 3 goat ropings and I've never seen anything like that!

I feel sheltered. I've gigged them and shot them with a 22 rifle and pistol, but I've never heard of jigging frogs.

Too cool.

chazz
05-16-2019, 09:33 PM
Man is it ever fun. Works good in daylight to, just gotta be sneaky

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

ET Fish
05-16-2019, 10:13 PM
I've been to 2 worlds fairs and 3 goat ropings and I've never seen anything like that!

I feel sheltered. I've gigged them and shot them with a 22 rifle and pistol, but I've never heard of jigging frogs.

Too cool.
You left out something about a buzzard.? I always got my frogs the way you did, but that looks fun!

deltarat
05-16-2019, 10:41 PM
I have gigged, caught or shot 1000s of frogs but, have never even heard about that. Skeeters are so bad here now froging is tough.

Barnettcrew
05-17-2019, 12:47 AM
I have never heard of jigging for frogs. But, this reminds me of how we used to catch them with top water bass baits on an ultra light rod in the daytime. It was almost as fun as top water bass fishing. We would cast way back up in the weeds or in the moss and twitch the mouse, frog or whatever floating rubber bait we were using. The frogs just couldn’t stand it and would jump on. It was a blast as they used all four webbed feet fighting the whole way in. Plus, you usually got to see the strike just like a bass coming up and exploding on a top water bait. I hadn’t thought about that for years until seeing this video. Lots of fun!

Ketchn
05-17-2019, 06:25 AM
I used to jig for bullfrogs about 50 years ago . it is insane action and makes ketchn fish seem like nothing and you best have a real strong jig hook because a big bullfrog will for sure straighten out your hook . they will strike a jig hard and lose them there froggy brains on the hook set no doubt :Rofl
when I saw the post I remembered being a teenager and what fun it was bringing them to my nanny who loved frog legs .
one thing for certain it looks lots easier at night from a boat ….I did it in the daylight from the bank and stalked the frogs

FurFlyin
05-17-2019, 06:33 AM
You left out something about a buzzard.? I always got my frogs the way you did, but that looks fun!

I've never heard that line with anything about buzzards, but then again, I'd never heard about frog fishing until last night either. LOL

Clint
05-17-2019, 08:20 AM
We used to set jugs for snapping turtles and the bait we used was frogs. There was a creek in a park with a small bridge across it and it was about 10 feet to the water. I would take a fly rod with a bright white hair jig and dangle it in front of the frog’s nose and it would snap it up. Pull it up and put it in the bucket. Turtle bait!!!

DonaAna1
05-18-2019, 04:07 PM
I used to jig for them all the time. Took my two daughters with me. We would look for a drainage ditch chocked full of moss. Then pitch an unweighted powerbait out on the moss. Soon an old bullfrog would start moving in on it. Had to be an unweighted bait so it would sit on top of the moss. When the frog hit wait a while for him to get the bait in the mouth real well, and then jerk a knot in its' butt. Frog came flying out of there like the Budweiser frog and the semi-truck.