HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bank angling for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bank angling for crappie

Some would argue I am sure with how good at it someone might be and or who is the best at it and even blame it on the "spawn" when a bank angler has a large fish count . But one thing for certain if you do your homework and stay busy with the boots you can have a high degree of success off the bank 365 days a year .
    Its not just a seasonal adventure ,it is year round and crappie are with in casting distance of dry land year round somewhere for sure . Being boat less and determined plays a role in it and to be sure and it isn't always an easy task to get the jig in front of the crappie with the proper presentation off the bank .
    Now keep in mind my backseat looks like a sporting goods store with 5 different rods in it from 5 to 8 foot long . Some have high vis line some have fluorocarbon and some plain clear mono . Line tests range from 6 to 10 and backbones vary a lot as well . I carry probably more colors of jigs just in a 1 gallon bucket than anyone can imagine and have jig heads in abundance ranging from number 8 1/64 all the way up to even a few 1/8 number 2 . I also have around 30 floats at any given time in varies designs and buoyancy .
    Fish in my area are for sure in a post spawn pattern and on baitfish right now and to be sure the shad have been spawning and are highly active . I also imagine there is an abundance of various fry to consume and that number is increasing as I type. The need for a small bait and a watchful eye is upon us in my part of the world and bites are light and often highly difficult to detect .
    so don't forget this …..
    you wont find many crappie from a seat behind the computer screen or on your smart phone .
    and it also wont help much to discount trying to ketch them because of water conditions or weather situations .
    crappie feed non stop best I can tell you and even when they rest they eat .
    scenario time ..tried 4 spots one afternoon after work same lake ...3 were slow with a fish here or there ...4 was ridiculous good .
    time for a few photos of the different baits I used the last few days this week and a couple of selfies of course
    have a great day .
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice Outlaw. I fish mostly from the bank myself or on docks as putting in a boat can be pain in arse when you can just pick up bucket with your tackle and wander around. Don't get me wrong when the boys call and want to get their boats out and want someone to help launch and fish with them I will go and we usually do well. but if not have learned to adjust and have always gotrdone with varying levels of success. It's just so easy and as you say you can't be ketchn from your home staring at the computer!

some guys wait till they get their boats out of storage about this time of year to start fishing while we have already put a whole lot of filets in the freezer or in the hands of folk who love to eat them. I will be putting mine in the slip this week.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The single tail stinger is a killer lure on Crappie. It is my "Go to" lure.

Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catchn....

Post Thanks / Like

Great post. I fish crappie from shore just about every day I'm not in a boat. Can be very productive and surprising.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reads and comments and to be sure crappie ketchn is an addiction that keeps me after them .no matter what kind of bite I simply love playing with these here fisheez

Post Thanks / Like

I actually give up for crappies fishing for now until around fall, but still go out sometime at night in hope of crappies come back close to shore.
    Question for you, how often crappies would come close to shore at night, full moon, when shad spawn, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Another fine catch and report.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Bass View Post
    I actually give up for crappies fishing for now until around fall, but still go out sometime at night in hope of crappies come back close to shore.
    Question for you, how often crappies would come close to shore at night, full moon, when shad spawn, etc?
    I am of the opinion they are close to shore on some water body every day at some point during the day for a while and it seems to me there are so many variables that cause it that it baffles me . I would venture to say that this time of year they are shallow with the intent on fry consumption and for sure this may go on for an extended time .
    every lake is different though from what I see and water clarity and forage base and weather and etc play into it .
    I roll the dice sometimes and hope they are there and other times just think they are there ,there are very few constants in the bank angling venue and what is ,is just that and what it is , is what it is if you get my drift .
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post