Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/18 Update on son

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4/18 Update on son

OK, well things are moving along and he is about to have surgery on his rear end to make it a little smother so it does not get so irritated from sitting. Also is going to get a skin flap behind his right knee where he has had to keep it open because of the burn scaring. It’s kind of like another skin graph.

They just did an ultrasound on his leg where the clot has been and should find out if it’s still there or gone now. When this first started he was going to be on coumadin (blood Thinner) for 3 months and if he gets good news on the clot then he can stop taking the coumadin.

His left leg and foot still no more improvement and it just may not come. There are a couple of metal fragments right up against his nerve root and does not know if they will remove them or if it’s too dangerous. Don’t want to remove and lose all ability to move his left leg. Right now he can walk and it’s painful and he still can’t move the foot, but he can at least walk and use it. Getting back to 100% is looking like something that will not happen at this point, but you never know.

They are also about to reverse his colostomy next month so things are moving along still.

I want to thank all of you for your support and prayers since this happened on Dec. 22nd. It means more than you know!

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 04-18-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey skip good luck to him and his family. Taking coumadin is not so bad i have to take it every day i have a artificial heart valve, it is so i wont have a clot. Tell him thankyou for his service to his country its men like him that keep our country free.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Skip. Sounds like Randy is getting better everyday. The wife and I are definately praying for a speedy recovery still. I know that Randy can handle whatever is put in front of him. He is an inspiration to everyone. May GOD bless you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Default All My Prayers

You all are in my prayers.
    Crouch & Hengstler Team Vicious, Southern Pro, Crappie Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,
    That all sounds like good news. We have kept him and you guys in our prayers.
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new here .I don't know your son's situation,but,I hope the best for him and your family. God Bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim
    Hey skip good luck to him and his family. Taking coumadin is not so bad i have to take it every day i have a artificial heart valve, it is so i wont have a clot. Tell him thankyou for his service to his country its men like him that keep our country free.
    Thanks and yes I know about coumadin, but if he can stop taking it that would mean the clot in his leg is gone which is what we would like to see happen.
    Can't believe I let that spell checker do that to coumadin as I have also been taking it since I had my bypasses and have been in A-Fib since 2000.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope he continues to improve. Tell him thanks for keeping the rest of us free.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing him well. A heartfelt thanks from here too!

Post Thanks / Like

If ya don't mind me asking, what happened to your son? Not sure I was around to hear. If not just tell me to STFU.
    Hope he recovers fully though, so he can get back out and do some fishing with ya.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast