Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would move for crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who would move for crappie?

Would you or have you moved just so you could have better crappie fishing? I'm thinking about it, and though there are other factors, going somewhere where there is excellent crappie (other species as well) fishing year around is one of the factors. I know, you know how they have golf communities. How about a crappie fishing community? Someone buy Granada lake and sell property just to crappie anglers. :D I'll be in line.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

That's dedication. :D

Now we've moved a few times in the last 5 years, but now she has a very good job ( I can do my job anywhere), we have a child in day care and doubt that moving for better fishing (even if other criteria were met as well) would be an option.
    But the good news is that within 2-3 hours in any direction we have great fishing here so this seems to be a good place to call home.

Post Thanks / Like

if i did not have any children i would move to live on a houseboat so i could fish everyday in my backyard.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Don't need to - I'm lucky enough to have great fishing within 15 minutes of the house - river, pond, small lakes. They all have crappie, perch, bluegill, pumpkinseed, largemouth bass, bullheads, channel cats, silver bass, and some member of the pike family (northerns, chain pickerel, or tiger muskies).

Half an hour away to the South are three of the Finger Lakes (Owasco, Cayuga, and Skaneateles), where we get all of the above and add smallmouth bass, and at least two species of trout and landlocked salmon.

20 minutes north and we have lake Ontario - a fantastic fishery for salmon, trout, and walleye.

I guess maybe i did move for good fishing way back when I got out of the Navy. San Diego only has a couple places to freshwater fish and all there really is to go after is Largemouth (not complaining - they get record bucketmouths out of Otay Lakes), but it just isn't the same as good old Central NY (I like the variety. So I moved back to the part of the country I grew up in and have absolutely no regrets.
    Last edited by joejv4; 04-18-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I second that. (Houseboat) Livin' where there's fishin'
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." --Patrick F MacManus

Post Thanks / Like

http://gibsonboats.com/new2006.html

One of these towing a carolina skiff. That'd do the trick.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Well don't know about that, but as soon as the Bass masters went to lake amistad and saw it with the fish many bought property there before they left.

So I don't see why more people wouldn't move to be near what they want to fish and or hunt for. Why live where you can only do what you want 6 months a year if you don't have to.

It get pretty hot here in the summer, but I can then fish at night so lots of good fishing and pretty on the eyes too. I am surrounded by National Forrest on a lake that is 65-70 miles long. Right on the border of LA. & TX. Does it get any better than that?

Oh yeah almost forgot...no state income tax either!
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 04-18-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

With all this talk about moving? As of today (NOW) I never would have thought about moving. Especially to NEW YORK!!!
    After reading all this. Does anyone have any property to trade?:D
    Mike

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny you sould mention moving Grizz. The wife and I are seriously thinking about buying a place on Kentucky Lake for retirement. A close second would be near any of the big 4 in Mississippi.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

We are planning on moving to Northern Louisiana so we can be close to the surrounding areas for the big Crappie.:D :D :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast