Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Interference ?

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Interference ?

I recently changed out the auto pilot head and put the i pilot remote on my trolling motor and I’m having interference on my bow unit !mostly in water 6’ or less I am using the the ducer in the bottom of the trolling motor! When this happens I hear a constant tic,tic,tic,tic sound ! If I get out in 10’+ water it doesn’t do it as much ! Any suggestions

Name:  CF37B20A-53AB-46FF-90CC-D91350039DD0.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  47.5 KBWhen this happens the screen goes yellowed several different colors and the temp and depth goes crazy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Too blessed to be stressed!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

RFI is random in occurance and there's no one sure fix or combination of fixes ...

It would save a few chased rabbits to 1st determine if the interference is encroaching into the xducer/xducer cable or encroaching into the Sonar unit power circuit ...

This is easiest to determine by completely removing the xducer (and it's cable) from the trolling motor and test it in the water far away from the TM ...

*If the interference goes away the RFI is encroaching into xducer/xducer cable ...
    *If the interference is still present the RFI is encroaching into the Sonar unit power circuit ...

This is important because it's really unnecessary to apply remedies for RFI encroachment into the xducer/xducer cable if the RFI is encroaching into the power circuit ... (and vice versa) ...

Here is more info ...https://www.crappie.com/crappie/fish...-interference/

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Thanks Slabprowler thanked you for this post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitch, since your using the built in transducer first thing I would do is go back and check the screw together connections for transducer cable. Have seen several cases where if that connection is loose at all you will get interference. Double check every other connection you made during the replacement also.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Thanks Slabprowler thanked you for this post