Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another wading story (sadly true)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another wading story (sadly true)

Had a very good friend in college. Besides being in a lot of engineering classes together we shared another interest---fishing!
    We used to go out to the lakes around Lincoln, NE--sometimes between classes...sometimes instead of classes.
    Bob had an intense love of making fishing lures and rods and just fishing. He was a real big guy, over 300 pounds but only stood about 5 1/2 feet tall. But about his only interest in life (besides being a 4.0 student) was fishing.
    Close to graduation one day Bob lost his interest in fishing. He and a life-long friend of his were out at Pawnee Lake, west of Lincoln. They were both casting for bass wearing hip waders. All of a sudden, the story goes, Bob looks over to his friend....but his friend is nowhere to be found. He had stepped in a hole, his waders filled with water and drowned. It bothered Bob so much that he gave up fishing for more than 2 years. I have not heard from him for many years, but I do know that he at one time was living in Jacksonville, FL and was very much back into fishing. But I do know that he is not doing any more fishing from waders.
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's too bad. Glad to see he didn't give up fishing altogether.