Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Norfork Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norfork Lake

My wife and I and another couple just scheduled a week at Norfork Lake and a weeks lodging at Blackburns Resort on the lake. We will be there from April 9-16th. It is our first time there...so my question is for the folks who know the lake or the area...did we do ok on the timing for the crappie to be biting and do you know if Blackburns Resort is a good place to stay? We were going to go 2 weeks later but the resort owner said it would be better to go at this time for crappie and we just know the resort from the internet and a brochure. Thanks for any reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norfork Lake.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    My wife and I and another couple just scheduled a week at Norfork Lake and a weeks lodging at Blackburns Resort on the lake. We will be there from April 9-16th. It is our first time there...so my question is for the folks who know the lake or the area...did we do ok on the timing for the crappie to be biting and do you know if Blackburns Resort is a good place to stay? We were going to go 2 weeks later but the resort owner said it would be better to go at this time for crappie and we just know the resort from the internet and a brochure. Thanks for any reply.

Kenny.......There are several lakes named Norfork, where is the one you're referring to? I've fished a Norfork in Arkansas, and if you're looking to fish the spawn, April will probably be the tail end of it in that state....depending on the weather. You might be ok in your home state, if that's where you're planning to fish. Sorry, but don't know anything about the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny
    You will like Blackburn's. great people running it. Steve is a driver and has set out several crappie brushpiles and has a large lake map in the office showing them. He also writes a fishing report for Lake Norfork. They have a great private dock, not far from the resort.
    We have only been there once, but really like our stay.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

labill..it is the one in Arkansas....Duane..whew..thanks for the good news

Post Thanks / Like

Kenny, I've spent quite a bit of time on the lake in the past. I know Steve Blackburn, he's a good fisherman and his resort is okay too. I personally perfer Three Oaks - http://www.3oaksresort.com/ - and if you decide you change dates or resorts, give Troy at Three Oaks a call and tell him I sent you. Three Oaks has a game room and swimming pool. Plus, you can swim off the end of Troys dock if you're not afraid of deep water.

Steve's dock for crappie is good, but I think Troy's at Three Oaks is better because an old dock is sunk under the new one and holds 1000's of crappie and walleye. I've seen it first hand on an AquaVu camera. In fact, Steve often goes to the Three Oaks dock sometimes to dive. Just my preference, though. Here's a pic of what we caught off his dock in one morning within a span of about 2 hours. Turned around and did it again the next morning too.

Also, if you are going to have your own boat there with a GPS, PM me and I'll send you some coordinates for some good spots. Probably want to buy a fishing Hot Spots map too. Or, if you prefer, I can come over and guide you and show you some spots. You'll have a great time. Good crappie fishing and it will be a bonus if the white bass are schooling and breaking at first light.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]