HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chatterbait + Crappie Magnet = Slab Festival!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chatterbait + Crappie Magnet = Slab Festival!

Been a huge fan of the Z-Man Flashback Mini aka the Micro Chatterbait used for panfishing. comes in 1/16 or 1/8 oz size, but i use primarily the 1/16 oz. Don't get confused of the Micro Chatterbait, that comes in size 1/8 oz and a silicone skirt.

The plastic it comes with is a small soft body minnow and minnow/grub hybrid, both are somewhat hard soft plastic that cracks/rips easily. The jig itself doesn't have any sort of bait holder, but surprisingly it holds the lure on it relatively long, until you run into bluegills. they are the one who tear up the lures.

Have decided to fit another soft plastic onto this vibrating jig and found that the Crappie Magnet fits perfectly on it! So therefore, I threaded it on and went to town with it and man It was crappie and bluegill galore. even gotten a carp with it! The Crappie Magnet also stays on pretty well too w/o a barb.

I think I may take the lure and tie some hair/feathers on it instead for my next outing, but if you guys want to check out my fishing action with the two lures above, you can see it here:

If anyone have any suggestions of any mini chatterbaits that are not Z-Man brand, let me know, i love to fiddle w/ them this season

Post Thanks / Like

They look mighty interesting, but wow....almost $7.00 each! I think I'll stick with my jigs.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    They look mighty interesting, but wow....almost $7.00 each! I think I'll stick with my jigs.
    If you are looking at Amazon, they are certainly a bit more. I got them from cabelas and bass pro shop since i had gift cards and they were like closer to 4-5 bucks

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed that video. Really gonna have to check out the ultralite rod and reel setup though. Nice job.
    Likes rawr215 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    I really enjoyed that video. Really gonna have to check out the ultralite rod and reel setup though. Nice job.
    Thanks man! The BFS (Bait Finesse System) is basically Ultralight bait casting setups used mainly in japan for trout fishing. But of course, the world always love what japanese people do, so we start using them as well. As a crappie fisherman, i obviously use it for crappie fishing

The reel is Tsurinoya XF-50: https://amzn.to/2H2XCFF

The Rod is Tsurinoya C472UL: I got it off Aliexpress, took forever to come... Not sure if I wanna share the seller but you can always look them up there or Ebay . another brand would be Kuying - Teton for BFS rods, something I am eyeing at right now.
    Likes SuperDave336 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good video... but, where's the link for that hook disgorger ?
    Likes rawr215 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    Good video... but, where's the link for that hook disgorger ?
    I am so sorry, I must have forgtten it lol. for your convenience, here it is!
    Best fish hook remover – dehooking tool – dehooker – disgorger : The unHOOKum Hook Removal Tool
    Thanks Cropduster1968 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rawr215 View Post
    I am so sorry, I must have forgtten it lol. for your convenience, here it is!
    Best fish hook remover – dehooking tool – dehooker – disgorger : The unHOOKum Hook Removal Tool
    Will it fit in the mouths of tiny Gills... that's the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Techno2000 View Post
    Will it fit in the mouths of tiny Gills... that's the problem.
    Depends how tiny but the reason why I have gotten it was because of THEM!!! lol so far so good.