HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The TRUTH

Post Thanks / Like

Default The TRUTH

As livescope continues to open eyes about crappie behavior , I am seeing a trend towards a definite whoops maybe Ketchn was right
    I am tickled silly that it proves over and over things I always knew were the TRUTH .
    Many folks and even some that call themselves professionals at ketchn crappie called me names and even said things like I was a liar and did everything possible to dispel things I knew about crappie behavior from countless hours targeting them in every condition imaginable .
    So this in turn makes me suggest maybe everyone should try a filter strategy, even though someone may not have video of said event and or be a professional fishing person , it might still be the TRUTH if they are writing a read and posting findings on the pursuit of crappie.
    Now this all said keep in mind today they might do something you have never seen them do and tomorrow they may do quite the opposite ,so it may seem to you what someone says happened didn't . This is always the case with crappie best I can tell you and to be sure turn on your filter .The knowledge is available to those that have an open mind and in some cases its not for SALE .
    Its a gift someone like myself chooses to pass along to help others have a great day in the great outdoors .
    and YES yesterday we were in 27 fow ketchn slabs at 3 foot deep all around a floating dead head log and yes it is the TRUTH
    and YES orange was the preferred color
    and YES they were serious about riding home with my buddy in his livewell
    and YES ,this is in fact the TRUTH
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks Jamesdean, hdhntr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I never doubt anyone with thumb pics to back up story...
    Likes S10CHEVY, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Ketchen, you are absolutely right. And this applies to everything in life. Everyone needs to step back a minute or two, and use their own minds and think about things before their pea picking minds overload their banana eating tails, (kid friendly language)...Use a bit of common sense ab=nd this applies to everything in life...Thank you for the Read... Tight Line.
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should mention that floating log. We did the same thing yesterday, in 17 fow.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Under a floating log, no way, they would end up on the far shore...........The TRUTH,nice catching, and thank you for all the tips.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I invested in LiveScope but mainly to quit fishing at locations not holding fish. I love changing colors, styles, and approaches to get them to bite but with our brush scattered far and wide it is worth it to me to make sure someone is home. Most of my techniques are modeled after Ketchn and SK for which I am humbly grateful.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Redge, S10CHEVY, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely the Truth! Many do not believe that we've caught crappie drifting in a 15 mph wind over 25' of water! Our jigs have literally been water skiing! Yet we've caught tons of crappie, yellow perch and even bass with this strategy. Does it work every time? Nope....nothing does, but you gotta be versatile and try something different when the chips are down.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Does it work every time? Nope....nothing does, but you gotta be versatile and try something different when the chips are down.
    That sir is the ticket to being successful at catchn crappie..... The down fall of most is they want specifics and they are not there.....
    Structure regardless of depth fish it from the top down will make you a more successful crappie catcher.....
    They are not always shallow but you'll be surprised how often they are....

Alright Ketch'um I know you caught more than one feesh, where's the rest of tha pics

Post Thanks / Like

Me an my krappie ketchin partner have a saying.....it's "you just never know". Crappie are definitely a creature of habit but have surprised us too many times to have tunnel vision. Really enjoy your reports Ketchin.....keep em coming!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great post. I appreciate all the experiences and knowledge you share with the rest of us.
    Thanks Ketchn.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast