Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EC+ 73CV...2nd unit on bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default EC+ 73CV...2nd unit on bow

Hi all,

I'm currently running (2) EC+ 93 SV'S (bow and console), along with Live Scope. Do you guys think an EC+ 73CV would be an adequate 2nd unit on the bow just for mapping. Whether I am spider rigging and want to follow a track back or if I'm vertical jigging and want to see/pull up on various way points around me....I am constantly switching back-n-forth between LS and mapping. Given no more big sale prices on the 9" units (kicking myself for not buying a 3rd unit) there are still some really good sales on 7" units. For the most part I will most always be zoomed in tight on the boat for precise boat position so I'm thinking the 7" may be ok but afraid to pull the trigger. What are your thoughts? I definitely need this unit to network with the others so gotta stay in the EC+ family.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't believe you can network more than two Echomap units. But if you just hook the new 7" to the console unit for waypoints you should be fine and use the bow 9" for stand alone Livescope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pab1981 View Post
    Don't believe you can network more than two Echomap units. But if you just hook the new 7" to the console unit for waypoints you should be fine and use the bow 9" for stand alone Livescope.

Do you know this to be true...can only network (2) Echo Map units? Not saying your wrong but I've not heard this and doesn't make much sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just confirmed more than (2) EchoMap Plus 7x & 9x units can be networked. A network port expander is needed but I already have this due to having my two current 93SV's and Live Scope networked. Several guys over on Bass Boat Central are running (3) units networked and a few are running (4) units networked.

Post Thanks / Like

Must be new to the Plus units, the previous Echomaps for sure can only have two units in a network.

2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think it is. The newer Plus units now use ethernet and can share waypoints, sonar and maps.

Post Thanks / Like

Added the second bow unit today. I think it turned out pretty good. I still wish it was a 9” but couldn’t find any of the 9’s on sale and just couldn’t justify the cost…especially when this one was only $400. Used a short arm Ram mount directly on the side of my existing Dek It mount.

Name:  IMG_5110.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  49.3 KB Name:  IMG_5108.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  55.1 KB
    Last edited by Toby from MO; 05-11-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby from MO View Post
    Added the second bow unit today. I think it turned out pretty good. I still wish it was a 9” but couldn’t find any of the 9’s on sale and just couldn’t justify the cost…especially when this one was only $400. Use a short arm Ram mount directly on the side of my existing Dek It mount.

Name:  IMG_5110.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  49.3 KB Name:  IMG_5108.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  55.1 KB.
    Nice job...the mount looks good.
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have a retirement plan...FISHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know if my navionics chip from my lowrance will work in a garmin. I am not familiar with garmin at all. Im looling to upgrade. Just not sure which way to go. I definitely want touchscreen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

No...Navionics card will not work in Garmin. This said, Garmin owns Navionics and Garmin just released their G3 maps which included all the Navionics data. The G3 maps come standard as the base map in Garmin US Lake units. Also, Navionics/Garmin is offering mail in rebates for Navionics cards if you purchase the Garmin Ultra card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast