Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other Delta crappie fishermen?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any other Delta crappie fishermen?

I just recently found this site and I was wondering if there is anyone else here who fishes in the delta near Stockton for crappie? I have one spot that seems to always produce (I don't have a boat so my options are kind of limited) but I would like to find more places around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The delta

Hey man and welcme to crappie.com

I am from the bay area and will be in twon next week how is the crappie fishing are they spawning yet?

I normally fish they tracy area
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure they are already spawned out around stockton. I went out yesterday and caught a lot of small warmouth, a black bass, and a decent crappie. My girlfriend also caught a 1.5-2 pound bass on a bluegill rig with a redworm.

Post Thanks / Like

Default is that right

i tried the delta and had 0 luck where are you guys fishing oh and welcome to the board.
    but wait there's more

Post Thanks / Like

I usually fish for crappie under the first bridge on 8 mile road past I-5 right outside of Stockton.

I have mixed luck there. Last time I went there I fished with minnows for 4 hours and only caught a tiny bass but when I switched to redworms 4 feet down under a slip float I caught a bunch of bluegill and warmouth as well as a really nice shellcracker (7 or 8 inches).

Right now fishing under that bridge is my favorite spot to fish just because its a great place to get out of the heat! If you live around here you know what I mean. Its usually 10-15 degrees cooler in the shade under that bridge and even if there are more productive spots I know of you can't beat the shade. I usually take a radio with me there too. If you see a tall just plain large guy fishing for gills, crappie, or bass over there with headphones or a speaker radio and possibly fishing with his girlfriend feel free to say hi and introduce yourselves!

Hope to see you out on the delta!
    Last edited by Jeff213; 06-22-2007 at 09:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

what time are you fishing. for me i like to start right b 4 dusk thats when i usually slay em. im gonna have to come down that way. minnows yeah they love em do you have a crappie light for night fishing.
    but wait there's more

Post Thanks / Like

I usually go after work.. I work morning shifts so I have a hard time fishing at night. I dont have a crappie light. I do alright on bluegill and bass during the afternoon but not usually many crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

i will be looking for ya
    but wait there's more

Post Thanks / Like

I went out to holland tract the other day with some friends to wakeboard and brought my poles along and fished a little. I didnt catch any crappie, but I caught 1 catfish, 2 bass, 1 warmouth, and 4 redears. Pretty good for fishing for only about 1 hour. I didnt have any fish finder and that was my first time fishing there. Seems pretty good though aside from the big skier population out in that water
    All I need to live is RC cars, Motocross, Biking, and Fishing:D
    Always looking for fishing partners in the bay area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Transplant

i figured this is as good a place as any to start, considering the love i have been shone from the board members down south. =)

i am a recent transplant to the bay area, having moved here in feb. from Louisiana. ive been reading/posting on the LA forums for, oh i guess over a year now, and im absolutely DIEING to get my hands wet locally. I live in SF, but work in Oakland, and am becoming familiar with the surrounding area and water. I have been fishing ONE TIME since moving here. a buddy from work took me bassfishing around the antioch bridge. now, i know, i know this is crappie.com, but im looking for ANY hot fishing tips, or even someone to show me the ropes.

i look forward to more posts, and maybe even a PM here or there.

good luck out there,

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast