HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another one broke !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another one broke !

Last weekend my nephew and i were trout fishing at Dale Hollow Dam. He hooked a small, probably 1/2 pund trout and my BnM Sam Heaton 7 ft broke about 18 inches from the tip. If you saw my post from a week or so ago you know another Sam Heaton broke just above the handle. I really like the feel of these rods but this type of quality is unacceptable to me. Both rods were just over a year old and are never abused. They are transported in a rod holder on camping trips and in a rod rack at home. I do believe i am done with the Sam Heaton Super Sensitives. I will be looking fro replacement rods.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my six foot sharpshooter from B&M. Would be a good replacement. I've had problems with all of the B&M rods except the sharpshooters and Richard Williams models.

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am curious what B&M said when you called them.

Sent from my E6810 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have broken two 11 foot BNM brush cutter rods which I was not happy about. They just snapped. Customer service worked with me on the first one & that was it. I’ve switched to less expensive more durable HT and Tuxedo Black rods. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I almost started breaking 2 inches off the BGJP's new since most of them break there. After putting a replacement tip eye they are a good rod.....

I've only had a couple break any longer than that.....18" is no bueno.... and as much as they want for the end section you might as well but a new rod.....
    The Sam Heaton rod series is to light of action rod for my style of fishn.....
    I've been using the new Thump City Crappie Rods the past couple months and am surprised with its light weight the amount of backbone it has.....
    With as many BIG crappie that I've flipped in the boat testing it it is passing my test big time.....
    Likes chaunc, Redge LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKs Crappie Catching Adventures View Post
    I almost started breaking 2 inches off the BGJP's new since most of them break there. After putting a replacement tip eye they are a good rod.....

I've only had a couple break any longer than that.....18" is no bueno.... and as much as they want for the end section you might as well but a new rod.....
    The Sam Heaton rod series is to light of action rod for my style of fishn.....
    I've been using the new Thump City Crappie Rods the past couple months and am surprised with its light weight the amount of backbone it has.....
    With as many BIG crappie that I've flipped in the boat testing it it is passing my test big time.....
    I use the thump citys too but i thought he was looking for shorter rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Denali Pryme 6' light/fast one-piece dock rod coming tomorrow, and it also comes in a 7' light/fast one-piece that should cover the same bases as the SHSS, at a similar price point. I've been impressed with the quality of the 2 Denali Pryme jig poles I already have.

I also love my ACC Crappie Stix, fantastic rods with replaceable tips, I just wish their 5'6" dock shooter rod came in 6 foot.

I have been searching for the perfect dock shooter rod - for me - and am looking forward to trying the Denali out. I also single-pole jig a lot so a rod that does both is a plus.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

I use a ESP 6' rod that Crappie Pappy was talking about a few years ago. I have broken one and replaced it. If it breaks again I will get another one. They are the best shooting rod I have had in my hands. I have the Lews and a sharp shooter. That ESP will best them both.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    dave
    in currituck

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't find a fish big enough to break a pole anymore. MOST my poles are usually broken by my big feet. I did have a 7 ft Sam H break at the handle on a catfish 4-5 years ago. BnM sent me a replacement.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes crp4570 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    I use the thump citys too but i thought he was looking for shorter rods.
    He has a 6' and a 7'6" also.....
    I've only used a 8, 10 and 12' though.....
    Thanks chaunc thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast