Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: a day to rember(yall will like this one)

Hunter H. Guest

Thumbs down a day to rember(yall will like this one)

Hey, me and my grandfather were supposed to go camping tonight. We went down to yorkhill earler today to vist the camp ground and to catch some bait for tonights catfishing. We put the boat in the water and it started right up. When I put it in gear it shut off. After that we had a hard time starting it again but we finally did. It shut off again. We went through this process a few more times and finally we got it moving. We went up the river so just in case we couldnt get it started the current would pull us back toward the boat ramp. We dont do much fishing at night and we dont know our way around the river that good when its dark so we had to cancle the trip for that night because off the boat acting up but thats not the end of it. We were heading up the river at about fourty mph and I had my hat turned around backwards so it wouldnt come off. Well it did anyway and sank right to the bottom. I got that hat at lids for less and it was about a fourty dollar hat. So we finally hit where we wanted to fish and started fishing. Nothing was bitting at all. The only thing I caught was a large mouth bass that was about three inches. I know yall are thinking it couldnt get any worse but it does. My grandfather had his pole up under the thing that you tie up the boat to the dock with and he was going to real it in but he didnt slide the pole out enough and broke it at the base so now that is broke and we cant fix it. It was from bass pro and it was like 50$. So as yall can tell we didnt have the best of days today. I think we should have stayed in bed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunter H

Hunter tell me about York Hill. Is that just above High Rock? Do you ever go down to the lake from there or can you even do that. I used to go to Potts creek but that was from abbotts creek access and it's a long trip from there.Hooverman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad luck

Oh yeah! Sorry bout your bad luck trip. We all have those kind of stories.

slab_seeker Guest

Default I thought

I thought I was the only one to have luck such as that.

slab_seeker Guest

Default Hooverman

York Hill is the area on the north end of High Rock where it looks more like a river than a lake. You can get to the lake from there, just be careful at low water. There is an Alcoa ramp beside I-85. To get there head north out of Spencer on Hwy 29, turn left after crossing the river, turn left into ramp. If your coming from the north take the Spencer exit, just before river turn right. I fished there this morning, muddy as crap and no fish.
    Last edited by slab_seeker; 06-06-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Hunter H. Guest

Default Selling the boat

Quote Originally Posted by slab_seeker
    York Hill is the area on the north end of High Rock where it looks more like a river than a lake. You can get to the lake from there, just be careful at low water. There is an Alcoa ramp beside I-85. To get there head north out of Spencer on Hwy 29, turn left after crossing the river, turn left into ramp. If your coming from the north take the Spencer exit, just before river turn right. I fished there this morning, muddy as crap and no fish.
    > yea when we went it was very muddy. We are selling the bass boat and getting us a john boat. If anyone wants a bass boat just let me know. But Hooverman most of the time york hill is a very good place to fish if you can find them.

slab_seeker Guest

Hunter H, were you fishing Sunday morning? Saw several boats out there and just wondering if you were iin one of them.

Hunter H. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slab_seeker
    Hunter H, were you fishing Sunday morning? Saw several boats out there and just wondering if you were iin one of them.
    No i wasnt out there sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter H.
    . My grandfather had his pole up under the thing that you tie up the boat to the dock with and he was going to real it in but he didnt slide the pole out enough and broke it at the base so now that is broke and we cant fix it.
    I just did the same thing to one of my all time favorite 10' 6" graphite rods. It was a Series specific rod Quantum stopped making about 10 years ago. I nearly cried. #%&*@# boat ties!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids