HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOOD DEEDS rewarded ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default GOOD DEEDS rewarded ....

A splendid morning it was , geese floating about honking some , a big ole about to be a mommy doe hanging around for photos and then it takes a turn for the worse .
    I get to my spot and notice right off a great blue heron thrashing the water . I am like really cant you go off somewhere else .
    Well then I notice it CAN'T go off somewhere else , it is hung up good in someone's fishing line hanging in the tree over the water !
    So then even though it isn't a friend of mine as its eating spawning crappie, I feel sorry for it. AND first fish of the day has a big ole nasty bird bite on it ! Next thing you know I am on the phone trying to find the proper authorities to set it free.
    Then as I try to locate who is in charge of heron rescue I miss a real hard thump and bites ain't coming easy . So I finally find the right folks as the game warden says they don't want to step on the park police toes by coming out there . The rangers don't answer the phone so I leave a message .
    Meanwhile I hang a whopper and get my line broke and am sort of sad. Next thing you know here comes a ranger down the hill . I explain the situation and he looks over the scene and we agree its a steep probably go swimming without a boat to help them kind of thing .
    Well he is a trooper and his bud another ranger shows up and they decide to try and get down the bank to the bird . I warn them repeatedly about its ability to impale a person and they say they understand and one of the rangers has a snake ketchn stick.
    Well to say the least they were successful and the bird left in good shape .I was rather surprised it went so smoothly and next thing you know KABOOM a whale is on and the battle begins . the fishing dock is way to high to hoist a big paper lip up on so I go for the bank to try and beach it . Then here come the rangers to see what all the commotion and splashing is and up comes big momma !
    I grab her up and the ranger says holy mackerel that's big crappie and said yes sir at 2 lbs I consider them pretty big and she is in that range for sure . he asks for a few photos of her and oblige and of course take a selfie or 3 for me as well
    so you see a GOOD DEED has its rewards
    and yes the snake in the john boat was entertaining as well a 15 or so other crappie that got on my jig as well .
    stay tuned and have a great day
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch and a good deed indeed for Mr. Heron. At least the snake in the boat looks harmless, Texas has some awful unfriendly no legged critters.

Post Thanks / Like

Wtg as usual ketchn. Always a joy to read your posts!

Post Thanks / Like

Good read! You’re a good man for having compassion on the Water Turkey! Nice fish as well, and you can keep the snake! The bite wouldn’t kill you, bit the heart attack might!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Nice positive story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by franklin fisher View Post
    Nice catch. Nice positive story.
    Positive vibes typically create a better ketch rate for sure
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good pics brother.... you aughta get that book published.....

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good day on the lake.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter what anyone says, you’re a good man. So far I have helped rescue a line wrapped pelican and did a rescue on a Loon that got wrapped in a limb line that was left unattended. Good memories, as I’m sure you’ll have from helping this one. It’s kinda part of the job.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome read brother. You are a good and conscientious sportsman for sure and your good luck and free spirit are testimony to it.
    Thanks for sharing your day with the rest of us.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast