HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 perfect minutes

Post Thanks / Like

Default 30 perfect minutes

The story of my life these days I swear is 30 minutes to pitch a jig before I have to run.Once a week I get to go for a few hours to EZgoing's boat slips but beside that I am lucky to get an entire hour to drop a jig .
    I suppose its a blessing to know lots of spots on my routes to stop and possibly ketch a few crappie but sometimes it hurts my feelings to not be able to stay when its a good bite .
    So here is the last weeks best fish story for your reading pleasure . I had to go visit the tax appraisal folks down by my little spot in the woods about my wildlife tax exception status . I knew i was going by a spot that likely had some fish biting and i had maybe 30 minutes to spare . Well i get there and its after a terribly fast hard cold front storm went thru and the wind is still howling from the north and its chilly and they got 2 inches of rain that night there stands one lone fella about 10 or so years older than me on the dock .
    So i walk up and say are they biting ? no response ...i ask again ….no response ….i am thinking well i suppose he don't like company maybe ? Then he yells at me
    ...YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO SPEAK UP I AM HARD OF HEARING !
    Well he is quite friendly and as long as i yell even though i am not far from him we converse some
    says they are not biting so far and i am like darn the bad luck . As we chat i get distracted by the yelling and miss a nice tug .So i focused in and BANG up comes a fat one and he says if i don't want it he does .Well i saw a few shad flickering around and the next thing you know here they come SPAWNING on the floatation under the dock .Its a shad tornado and man are the crappie under them . i flat hurt a bunch of fat crappie and lost a true giant on the hoist over the railing . The older fella wasn't ketchn a bunch but he did manage one about 2 or so and was happy as heck about it . i grabbed a shad that was up on the floatation device and gave it to him because he was a minnow fisherman and that's what the big fish bit ….sure did make him smile .
    So he says you know i could just go up to my truck and let you fill my stringer and i said well sir i would but i have to go .
    Then he says you know that fish you lost was way bigger than the one i just caught and i said yes sir it was a rather large for sure .
    i said goodbye and down the road i went wishing i could have stayed longer for sure .It isn't often you find a perfect shad storm under your feet and 30 minutes to exploit it .
    i took a video of the shad doing the spawn thing but i have not figured out how to load as of yet .
    hope you enjoy the still shots and find a perfect 30 minutes yourself soon .
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes ad1974, S10CHEVY, mando, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

some kind of computer glitch forced me to load these other photos separate from the original post ...hope you enjoy them
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks redfin00, hdhntr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent story and picture posting. Do not be too hard on the guy as I was him prior to getting some late technology hearing aids. 20 years of flying helicopters for the Army and going to rifle ranges without hearing protection. Yes, the Army did not know too much about hearing protection in the late sixties. Not complaining just saying...

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Redge, Jamesdean, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It is plain to see that you are driven to feel the thump at any and every opportunity regardless of whether it be a few minutes or a few hours... you take what you can get. I believe it's that drive and passion that makes every fine crappie fisherman and pours even more fuel on a fire for fishing that already burns plenty hot. Yes brother, I'm afraid you may be afflicted with a terminal case of crappie fishing derangement syndrome... from which there is no cure 'cept goin' ever chance you git. Thanks for keepin' your fishin' exploits comin'.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great story. I'm glad he told you to speak up. Made for a much better short trip for you and of course the story along with it. Thanks.
    Likes Jamesdean, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty neat story and you flat out put a hurtin' on them once again!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, neat story. The older gentleman, did add to the story nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes Jamesdean, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good story and good catch

Post Thanks / Like

Good story and nice catch.

Post Thanks / Like

That's some fine catchn Ketchn....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast