Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Barkley_April 19-22

GBoone Guest

Thumbs up Fishing Barkley_April 19-22

Fished Barkley a couple of weeks ago before the cold front came through and things were looking pretty good. Most crappie caught were near cover in 10-14 feet of water. None on the banks. Then came the cold front and the wind, so i have stayed home since. Now with the water temperature getting back close to 60 F, I'm going back for another try for a few days. Plan to arrive Wednesday afternoon and maybe do a little nightstalking that evening, weather permitting. This will be a new experience for me. Plans are to fish the North to North Central parts of the lake.

During the days, plans are to start out early fishing near the bank and over/in cover. If I don't find fish there, then I will work my way out to deeper water fishing over brush or in the creek channels. The latest lake reports put the water level about 6 inches below summer pool level. Maybe this and the temps will put the crappie up into the mustard weeds? I don't get to Barkley very often, thus I don't have any Honey holes marked and may have to do some fish hunting.

Anyone else going this later this week or been lately? Comments on your plans, suggestions or recent fishing reports would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

The white females still have eggs and should be headed shallow w/ the rising water and temps. I'd start early in 3' to 5' and work my way out to 6' to 12' by mid day. Head well back into the larger bays as the fish were staging close to spawning flats last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to ya!

GBoone Guest

Thanks for the update. I'll post a report when I get back. Go Fish!!