Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wylie today (wednesday)

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie today (wednesday)

tool and i braved the elements today and went north on wylie looking for a decent hole to drop our hooks. we started at the hot hole on the south fork and started working our way south, back towards the bridge. the water was steamy on the river, from the steam plant. sorta erie feeling to be in the fog like that in the dead of winter. the water temp there was 64 degrees if i remember right. we drifted, we trolled, we this and we that. we used the wind, we used a drift sock and we used the electric and nothing happened for us. after awhile in there, we moved south and hit another cove or two with no luck, except at one boathouse i latched onto a nice slab that needed the net and tool caught a brim that swallowed his hook. we allowed as how it was strange he done that as the jig was about as big as the little feller. grocerys must be hard to come by this time of year, with no bugs or nothing falling in the water. we halfheartedly tried jiggin around some boat houses with no luck either except the brim. the slab was caught on a minnow hanging over the side in about 6 ft of water. I had reeled it in to keep it from hanging so i could jig some and got the hit just under the surface. times is hard for everyone. our toes took a terrible beating again today with numbness settin in again. fortuantly for me, tool was prepared with some kind of things you squeezed and shook up and stuck to your sock under the toes and all of a sudden there was heat and the toes started thawing out and dint break off.
    we stuck it out till about one and hung it up and come in.. the last cove we fished in the water was around 48 degrees.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear ya'll had bad luck.I thought for sure you'd be after 'em with a vengence after yesterday.Believe me I been pulling for you as reading about catching fish is the next best thing to catching 'em.When you going night stalking again ?I know the weather has been less than forgiving , but I'm itching to go.I just bought this little propane heater , the kind you mount to the top of a 20lb tank.This I did after reading about Wesley's nice set up and being struck with envy.So I want to see how the other half lives :D .Better luck next time.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

eric im about convinced i was born to be a nightstalker. my sucess rate in daylight hours sucks, unless im trolling in the spring yeah,, that propane heater worked like a charm. just be careful of any leaking propane I imagine them big tanks would make a spectacular display of all your fishing stuff and spread it over a wide area, making it hard for any salvagers to locate anyting worth keeping..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    Hate to hear ya'll had bad luck.I thought for sure you'd be after 'em with a vengence after yesterday.Believe me I been pulling for you as reading about catching fish is the next best thing to catching 'em.When you going night stalking again ?I know the weather has been less than forgiving , but I'm itching to go.I just bought this little propane heater , the kind you mount to the top of a 20lb tank.This I did after reading about Wesley's nice set up and being struck with envy.So I want to see how the other half lives :D .Better luck next time.
    thats two days in a row with nothing for show and tell,, its disgusting

Post Thanks / Like

damn robert. Thats 2 days in a row that u caught the big fish....we may need to fear you during the striper rodeo......well maby not....toolboat will prevail!!!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    damn robert. Thats 2 days in a row that u caught the big fish....we may need to fear you during the striper rodeo......well maby not....toolboat will prevail!!!
    heads up pete. this rodeo aint gonna be a gimmee... the winners gonna have to apply all his striper knowledge and non knowledge to prevail in this world class event.. i predict bill dance will be wantin the winner to take him on a wateree trip. be aware tho that my precictions are about as accurate as any weather forecaster forecasting the forecast. i got a good look at the tool boat and i gotta admit theres reason for concern there but i think the beast can hold her own. but theres more boats.... the challenge gets bigger and bigger........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wing-t

Don't count Coach "s boat the Wing-t out.I might even have the band man Danny with me.I beast might be falling on hard times.I believe the beast is over worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Don't count Coach "s boat the Wing-t out.I might even have the band man Danny with me.I beast might be falling on hard times.I believe the beast is over worked.
    uh oh,, another challenge. everyone is after rangos hide . the beast and its crew will be working hard to stay on the bull on rodeo day. the wing t will have its hands full for sure, but the rewards will be great, fame and fortune at everyones fingertips....... and remember when fish is on, all friendships are put on hold till said fish is safely netted.... maybe we sholud get espn to cover this event.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default game time

What is the date?Coach and Band Man might have to do a little scouting trip.It takes time getting a winning game plan together.

Post Thanks / Like

the beast is definatly over rated for such an event like this.

why would a big fish be attracted to such an ugly boat as that?? :p
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast