Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night ketchn on beds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night ketchn on beds

I used to really chase them at night this time of year in shallow spots on several lakes . They seemed to come in nicely when it got dark and sometimes there were some better than average fish in the mix .
    This year though has not been kind to me size wise or numbers wise after the sunsets. I don't know what the cause is and to be sure have an idea or two ,but none the less I am struggling to find large fish and or numbers after the sun fades .
    Went to a local crappie spot Friday before the storms came though and even though the wind was picking up and the storms were coming in , I thought I might get on them pretty good . I managed 18 crappie in about 2 hours or little less , but never really stayed on them .I had to move repeatedly to different locations and none seemed to hold any concentrations to speak of . Six here ,five there, 3 there, one there and so on .
    At one point I got to a spot where there were droves of anglers and I eased into a location I like that no one was interested in . I managed one real quick and it was an ok fish and the folks watching were like "hey he got one" .Well I moved after that as I only got one more bite and the next spot was in amongst the crowd . Three fish came quickly and the casting over me began
    So I eased off to let them proceed and as I passed three guys they were like what are you using ? Told them nothing fancy ,just a Cajun Cricket colored soft plastic and they asked to see it up close . So I went over to them and one of the guys actually touched the bait. The other two said oh no , he touched your bait and I was like its ok , they were like no its NOT !
    He has real bad luck and now you are done until you change baits . I of course chuckled and went on my way to where I managed a few fish before . And I never got another peck in the next 20 minutes or so and said …..
    to the house I go to wash off this here bad mojo
    fish were in 2 to 4 fow and I was under a float about 12 to 24 inches deep
    they wanted it jiggy as heck and sunk the float real hard when they bit .
    hope you enjoy the read and have a nice day
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Get'um catchn I mean Ketchn....I dint read that book but nice pics

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch ketchn. Sowed here last night, this morning. got some Andouille sausage to smoke today, so maybe tomorrow after momma goes back out on the road...
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

Cant be messing around with that bad juju

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard it takes a week of fasting, followed by an all night steam bath followed by an immersion in ice cold water to get rid of bad mojo. So washing of hands just won't do it.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Good fish, nite bite is on!