Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green River Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green River Lake

Headed to Green next week. Looking for any tips on where to start for some crappie. I have never been to the lake and I am just making trips around to different lakes before my deployment this fall. Thanks in advance!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

OK .... here's some things you'll definitely want to know/consider :

Crappie USA is having a tournament the 19th & 20th ... so there will be a lot more boats on the lake than normal throughout the week (tournament anglers pre-fishing). There may even be a problem finding accommodations, unless you already have a place reserved.

Green River Lake has little to no visible cover in most areas, but the KDFWR has a website showing where they have placed cover (with GPS coordinates) : Green River Lake Fish Attractors - Google My Maps ... so you will want to look this site over, in conjunction with the area you're staying at.

The Crappie are still in a pre-spawn mode at this time, and will likely be roaming around their usual spawning bank areas. Spider Rigging, LongLine Trolling, & Pushing jigs/cranks are the methods normally productive ... with casting jigs to the spawning banks being a followup method, when the water temps get them moving onto the banks in earnest.

You might also want to check out the Kentucky state forum for recent reports. You may even want to post your questions on there, too. https://www.crappie.com/crappie/kentucky/

Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing the crappie usa tournament as well. staying at holmes bend. I figured since im down there i might as well donate my money. I have mapped out some locations that im going to try. Thank you for the information!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda figured you might be

Oh, and if you are in the area or passing back thru the area on your "pre-deployment journey" ... please do stop by at Holmes Bend on Sat ...May 4th... and join us at the Spring Fling @ Green 2019. https://www.crappie.com/crappie/post...e/#post3801084
    Likes Jman5626 LIKED above post