Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone have current LOZ report?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone have current LOZ report?

Just got back an hour ago from Lincoln to see the NU Spring game so have not fished for a week. Water looks up and stained, rain guage has some moisture (2" or so) in it. How about the crappie? Are they back headed toward the banks? And are they hungry or in an aggressive defensive mood? Have the water temps gone up?
    Thanx!
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm curious, too

Let me know what you hear, Husker, now that you're back at the lake. I'm heading down Thursday and fishing through Sunday. Can't wait!!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down I'm stumped?!?!?

Went out for a bit yesterday on the Niangua arm of LOZ. The water at the Hwy 54 bridge is so muddy you can almost walk on top of it. If you get 3-5 miles down river you run out of it (as of yesterday afternoon) and the water there was normal to clear. The water temps run from the low 50's when we left to upper 50's by late afternoon. We almost skunked out - 1 short. Everyone was giving us a thumb's down sign. I think the crappie are as confussed as we were.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good