Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question???????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question???????

Need answer to question - what are rosy reds? I guess they are shiners but never heard of them called rosy reds. Are they something special or are they just adding a red dye to the water to turn them a little red? I have used gold fish before had had some luck on them in real murky water. Thanks for info

Post Thanks / Like

They are a variation of the regular fat head minnow, not dyed. Some of the guys swear by them.

http://www.gollonbait.com/roseyreds.html

Post Thanks / Like

Very Interesting information on that website. Checkout the other species of minnow.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

You can get them at petco.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys see better results from the roseys rather than the crappie minnows you get for a dollar a dozen at the local bait and tackle stores
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    Do you guys see better results from the roseys rather than the crappie minnows you get for a dollar a dozen at the local bait and tackle stores
    Definitely, roseys work very well and they are really tough, easier to keep alive than regular minnow or shad. I am very lucky because there are two fish farms here in Paragould that raise them and I can get'em cheap - $5 per pound, whereas they're $10-15 per pound elsewhere. Just got back from buying 5 lbs. (depending on size, anywhere from 8-12 dozen in a pound) of them for this weekend and to stock some in Jerry's pond.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, for all the info on the rosey reds. I will try my luck at finding some down here in N. La. Seems like several of you like the response of using them. I'm not a big shiner user but I will try just about anything on those slow bite days. This weekend will likely be one of those days with all the wind,rain and cooler temps. we have been having. Forecast for tommorrow looks to be the only good day for the weekend. Rain to move back in Sat. night into next week. Well, I'll be there no matter what the weather is doing. Thanks again for info and good luck to all on catching a good mess of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Darryl:

Do you know if any of the rosy reds have been released in the lakes you fish and started to reproduce and populate those lakes? Just curious if the crappie feed on them year round in the wild?

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    Definitely, roseys work very well and they are really tough, easier to keep alive than regular minnow or shad. I am very lucky because there are two fish farms here in Paragould that raise them and I can get'em cheap - $5 per pound, whereas they're $10-15 per pound elsewhere. Just got back from buying 5 lbs. (depending on size, anywhere from 8-12 dozen in a pound) of them for this weekend and to stock some in Jerry's pond.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Hey Darryl:

Do you know if any of the rosy reds have been released in the lakes you fish and started to reproduce and populate those lakes? Just curious if the crappie feed on them year round in the wild?
    I don't know if they are reproducing in the wild or not. They do in Jerry's pond. Not sure if they'll cross bread with other fatheads, either.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default lovetofish....

Quote Originally Posted by lovetofish
    Thanks, for all the info on the rosey reds. I will try my luck at finding some down here in N. La. Seems like several of you like the response of using them. I'm not a big shiner user but I will try just about anything on those slow bite days. This weekend will likely be one of those days with all the wind,rain and cooler temps. we have been having. Forecast for tommorrow looks to be the only good day for the weekend. Rain to move back in Sat. night into next week. Well, I'll be there no matter what the weather is doing. Thanks again for info and good luck to all on catching a good mess of fish.

I know this is a stretch for you, but if you don't find them in your area, there are two places in S'port that are fairly dependable on having Rosy Reds (sometimes called Red or Orange Tuffies.) The first is "Bass's Bait Shop" on Airline just a couple hundred yards south of I-20, the second is "Bacon's" in S.W. S'port. They go fast when everyone hears they're in stock, so I would recommend calling first to make sure they have them. I've done better with the Rosys consistently when I can get them. Good luck!

Bass's Bait.....318-747-4423

Bacon's.........318-686-6309

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast