Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catch of the day

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Catch of the day

I hope this works - took me awhile to find a link to posting new threads.

Doug and I went out to our favorite fishing hole today. Fishing was slow, but at least the fish we caught were worth keeping. The big excitement came this morning when Doug's jig snagged a length of mono. He came loose, but two casts later, I hooked it. He wanted to get that mess out of the lake, so I kept up tension while we motored to the snag. He starts pulling line - yard after yard after yard. We got to wondering who the %$@((&%$ was who dumped an entire spool of mono in the lake. It was the guy who USED to own the Bill Dance Quantum baitcasting combo to which the mono was attached!

It looks to have only been in the water a few days and only needs cleaned and repooled, plus we need to reglue the end guide to the tip. That made up for the slow fishing, no? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Job cleaning up the lake Roberta~!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta

Doug and I went out to our favorite fishing hole today. Fishing was slow, but at least the fish we caught were worth keeping. The big excitement came this morning when Doug's jig snagged a length of mono. He came loose, but two casts later, I hooked it. He wanted to get that mess out of the lake, so I kept up tension while we motored to the snag. He starts pulling line - yard after yard after yard. We got to wondering who the %$@((&%$ was who dumped an entire spool of mono in the lake. It was the guy who USED to own the Bill Dance Quantum baitcasting combo to which the mono was attached!

It looks to have only been in the water a few days and only needs cleaned and repooled, plus we need to reglue the end guide to the tip. That made up for the slow fishing, no? - Roberta
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Question Catch Of The Day

Nice catch Roberta ! Makes you wonder what caused it to go overboard. With the tip broken the person may have lost their cool and chunked it. Bad choice. Good for you. Good fishing ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Roberta, I'll take a catch like that anytime. And it's good to see you on here again.
    Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta

Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

We've had a ball coming up with possible scenarios of how the rig ended up in the water. We found it in a weed bad around an island that is home to big bass and catfish. I'm betting that as the guy was trolling around the weedbed, he got distracted and a big fish took it and ran. Another possibility was that he snagged on the weeds and had it ripped out of his hand. There were probably 50 yards of line in the water, but Doug may have been stripping line off the reel until he hit a backlash. There wasn't a lure at the other end,so the line either broke off or the knot failed. At any rate, we got the prize. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Well Roberta, As God is my witness (and a half dozen older fellas at the Sugar Camp will attest to,) I watched a goose tangle in my Wally Mitchell combo outfit, and pull it
    over towards the island there by the Sugar Camp. I just kept right on jig fishing and
    noticed all the old guys there sort of got kinda quiet... Guess they thought I would be hot under the collar, but hey.... It will always be another great fishing story for my older years!
    "Cya, and good catch!"
    Rick
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.