HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOUD NOISE and crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOUD NOISE and crappie

I often wonder if crappie are easily spooked by things as some mention . They for sure are shy at times and I have seen them spook a few times for many different reasons .
    But then again some things defy the imagination and give a quick reset on what I read and hear on the internet about stealth and the ketchn of crappie .
    Many moons ago we would ram timber accidently of course and then jig the tree we rammed and ketch real nice crappie . I see kids stomping the floor on docks around me and I still ketch crappie .
    I find it strange that really loud noise above them wouldn't spook them and to be sure I saw fish yesterday in 2 different locations that seemed to be oblivious to any and all types of loud noise .
    We went to finish up the removal of the dock platform yesterday after work and even though the guys were banging and prying and hammering and totally wrecking the serenity out there I was ketchn crappie in the slip right beside them !
    To say that was a first is an understatement and then to go to another slip where they are power washing a cabin cruiser and have music booming so loud right next to you that it rocks the dock and ketch the fire out them right beside it makes me wonder .
    Some say it is likely these fish are used to the noise levels , but I still don't see or understand why the fish wouldn't move down a few slips or become lock jawed and buried in the brush .We were on fish before ,during and after and made non stop loud noise the entire time including dropping 14 foot 2 x 12 planks on the deck .
    So the next time someone mentions crappie spooking easily and move away from a spot because its got to much activity and noise I suggest you think twice and maybe remember this read .
    have a great day and stay tuned
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks ohiogas thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

and jig color was optional as well btw , I did well on blue and white , orange and yellow and charcoal with glitter
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Crappkid, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good info, Good read, And a great catch. Thanks for sharing.
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

Post Thanks / Like

Several years back I received a stereo for my boat as a bday gift, I had local shop install it and when I picked it up they asked me if I was using it to attract fish,
    I told them no I never heard of that, and he said he had a few ole timers over the years believed they were attracted to the vibration thru the water

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes JigRigPreacher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I often wonder which style of music fish prefer, rock, country, jazz, classic, or just a local baseball game.
    I put the stereo in the boat to listen to the ball game while fishing and for music while the grandkids swim. Usually I'm so intent on fishing I couldn't tell you who's playing, the inner or score.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an area where a train bridge crosses the river. The crappie hang around the pilings and bite with or without a train going through. Doesn't spook them and you can see the water ripple from the vibrations.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report. Some fine crappie there too.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    I often wonder which style of music fish prefer, rock, country, jazz, classic, or just a local baseball game.
    I put the stereo in the boat to listen to the ball game while fishing and for music while the grandkids swim. Usually I'm so intent on fishing I couldn't tell you who's playing, the inner or score.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have heard that they have an affinity to AC/DC.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good way to keep people from fishing close to you. Just crank up the music and the boats scatter but the fish don’t!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast