Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Pro 10/2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power Pro 10/2

I gather alot of y'all are fond of Power Pro braid. How's does it handle casting 1/32 oz jigs, or is it used for any specific situation. I've been a Stren clear/blue man for many years and will continue to use it, but y'all have thrown out alot of cheese on the Power Pro and I bit. I bought some 10/2 Power Pro and will be spooling some on tomorrow.

Thanks, TT
    on the road again...just can't wait to get back to...TOLEDO BEND

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on rod lgth.rod action,reel,How your going to fish it.Float an fly.

Post Thanks / Like

I only use the power pro when dippin trees or vertical jigging. To me it just doesnt seem to cast very well. It seems like you lose a lot of distance, but I have only tried it on 2 different reels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power pro

I bought a bunch of prower pro for casting and it was the worst line ever. I tried it on a spincaster,really bad. I tried it on a small spinning reel for casting, bad. When I switched to a larger spinning reel with heavier baits it did great until about 45 min later when the line started to tangle itelsf and knot. I sent a compaint to power pro also asking if they would buy back my new unopened spools(w/ receipt) since the line was so bad. I never got a reply. Straight up and down jigging im sure its fine but for casting I think there are alot of paid liars out there. I have yet to run across a guy that really fishes with it, to see their experiences. Power pro customer service (F-)
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

8 or 10lb fireline is the way to go for casting! I use PowerPro for casting too but i just dont think it casts as far. I use it for floating a minnow cause it pulls the little gold hooks free from brush easily and no retying.
    Its all about how ya wiggle it!

Post Thanks / Like

well guys hate to bust your bubble , we use the 2/10 & 4/15 it will out cast mono of equal lb. test everytime. as a matter of fact I rigged 2- 7' med. lt rods & 2- 9'-6'' rods with same reels , not even close , plus it will cast jigs with less effort as well, another little trick we found with slip floats; just run your bead on , then go through it 2 or 3 times the line tension will keep it there-, then just adjust as needed. All I can say for sure is if you go right to it or any other braided line after using mono for years it does require some getting acclimated to its handling , the reason it casts so well on spinning reels is because it comes off the same diameter as the spool...so that means no coiling...hang in there guys & dont throw in the towel just yet...rip that lip!
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I have several bait casting reels, but only use them for other fishing but not crappie. I do use 4- 12' B&M's, 2-10' B&M's, 9' Wally Marshall mighty lite,7 1/2'BPS Micro Lite and several other 6' & 6 1/2' lite to med. rods, all are rigged with spinning reels with 10-2 power pro and I've used many other braids and mono and none measure up to power pro IMO. I discoverd a while back that the small spin reels don't work as well as the 30's and larger for me. I've thrown away a lot strend, spider wire, and others and only use PP now. I use very lite baits as small as 48th. oz. and will cast as far as any line IMO.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10/2 pp

Quote Originally Posted by rangertee
    I gather alot of y'all are fond of Power Pro braid. How's does it handle casting 1/32 oz jigs, or is it used for any specific situation. I've been a Stren clear/blue man for many years and will continue to use it, but y'all have thrown out alot of cheese on the Power Pro and I bit. I bought some 10/2 Power Pro and will be spooling some on tomorrow.

Thanks, TT
    Just a quick reminder roll on a Little mono backing or a couplr turns of black tape on spool or it will slip......rip that lip!
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

How about Power Pro for shooting docks/toons? anyone have it on their shooting rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Lip RIPPERS
    Just a quick reminder roll on a Little mono backing or a couplr turns of black tape on spool or it will slip......rip that lip!
    Thanks for all yer input felllas, I use braid on my Carolina rigs bass fishin, you can feel every branch, so I'm used to fishin it and how to spool it. I'm headed to T-Bend tomorrow and will try the Power Pro on my crappie rigs and give an opinion when I get back. Also gonna try and hook up with Skip the jig maker and try some of his stuff. Hope the weather allows a good trip and the fish are cooperative. Tight Lines to all !!
    on the road again...just can't wait to get back to...TOLEDO BEND

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast