Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Didn't catch a fish

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Didn't catch a fish

what a wonderfull day on the lake not many boats not much wind not to much sun just the right amount of clouds boat worked great didnt break any rods bologna sandwich was superb temp of the air perfect oh yea didnt get a single bite. ahhhhhhhhh nice day

Post Thanks / Like

Been there, done that too many times to count I am afraid! The good news is it has to get better! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Talking what do you think

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man
    what a wonderfull day on the lake not many boats not much wind not to much sun just the right amount of clouds boat worked great didnt break any rods bologna sandwich was superb temp of the air perfect oh yea didnt get a single bite. ahhhhhhhhh nice day

maybe a change of refreshment brands is in order:p just a thought that may change your luck:D
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

"It was great just to be on the water" How many times have I said that? Sometimes it was even true. Clear days when you can watch the herons or eagles fish. Quiet coves where you can watch a hummingbird hover over tiger lillies... Or use 10X binoculars to check out the crew of runabouts and sportboats It's the cloudy, blustery mornings that drive me up river to escape the cold spray and the only fish are on the stringers of the bank fisherman who got out before the storm because they didn't have to struggle with a boat. (Cook is grinning).

Post Thanks / Like

What lake were you at and what were the conditions, water temps...?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad Beagle. I was supposed to be on vacation all this week at Truman. Got my camper set up (and drank) on Saturday. Put in the boat Sunday morning and fished about 4 hours without a bite. It was a beautiful day, and except for the surface temp being 49 - 54 degrees, probably wold have produced some slabs. I came home Sunday about 3:30 and am working today and tomorrow. I'll be back down there on Wednesday morning and will stay about 10 days. They've gotta get going sooner or later. I'll be there when they do. How's that leg?
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kc outdoorsman
    What lake were you at and what were the conditions, water temps...?
    was on stockton water temp 48 water staned to mudy on the main channel clear in the coves

Post Thanks / Like

Yall dont get me wrong I was serious I had a good day all i said is true couldnt have cared one bit if i caught a fish today I caught 3 keepers water was 56dg. clear to 10ft. jig color white blue/white green yellow the fish were 40ft. off the banks 25ft. deep they were tight liped but I would say they are sitting on ready to move in to the banks soon there were bunches of them just suspended going back in the morning oh by the way table rock james river arm poing 15 up about 300yrd. later.